Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jamestkirk77 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2003, 11:02 PM
    Trying to format my hard drive
    I bought a new 40 gig maxtor hard drive and I partitioned it and installed win 2000 on one of the partitions. I want to format the the other partitions and was unable to do it in my computer and right clicking the drive and selecting format. I was unable to do it in dos as well... How do I do it?
    James
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 15, 2003, 09:20 AM
    trying to format my hard drive
    Did you partition the whole drive? Did you greate logical partitions in the Extended DOS partition? Does the drive letter show up in My Computer? Do you get any errors messages when you try to format?
    cyrus Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2003, 11:28 AM
    trying to format my hard drive
    Right click the task bar go to properties click the advanced tab click the display administrative tools. You now have a new categories in the start menu. Click start and go to administrative tools and click computer management once this opens up undeneath storage click disk management from here you can format any free space and create partitions and such first you need to make the second partition and make sure its an extended not a primary and then a logical drive after that you can format it if you need help while you doing this you can message me Ill walk you through it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hard drive problem [ 7 Answers ]

I tried to start up my computer, but I only got clicking sounds from the HD and an error message that it could not detect the boot device. Does that mean my HD is broken? Can I still recover the data from it? I have a 4 year old Dell Dimension desktop.

Hard drive [ 3 Answers ]

How do I transfer all the information from c drive to d drive?

Need abc help to format hard drive [ 15 Answers ]

My PC will not start windows. I have had my PC checked and the verdict is format the hard drive. My ops is windows xp Any advice to get me started would be appreciated

Hard drive Capacity [ 2 Answers ]

?? I have Microsoft Windows XP operating system. I have a 40GB hard drive that shows only about 7GB capacity. How do I fix this problem without losing my data. I don't have a zip drive to backup everything. Please Help!

View more questions Search