Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lou-T Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2007, 04:50 PM
    Spinal Injuries
    I have been diagnosed with herinated/slipped disk?
    To be specific, my MRI examination stated that I have 1st degree lytic spondylolisthesis of L5 over S1 with consequent L5-S1 diffuse posterior pseudo disc.
    Could that be cured and could I go back to normal activities and sports?
    FrOsT_bItE Posts: 125, Reputation: -2
    -

Jun 8, 2007, 12:15 AM
    I know how you feel. Early last uear I was riding my horse when it buck and I feel off. I couldn't move at all. Not even my fingers. When I went to the doctors they found out I fractured my spine. I was flown to Brisbane and had to stay in hospital for 2 weeks! (I wasn't allowed to move at all. I had to lie in bed doing nothing but watch TV! BORING!) hen when I was able to walk again after those 2 weeks, I had to go in a cast for4 a whole month without bending. It's hard but I found out that I could still do sports and stuff. I only had to ask my doctor. So ask your doctor,that way you'll now the right answer without ruining your back :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spinal Injuries [ 2 Answers ]

I was diagnosed with slipped/herniated disk. I was wondering if it could be cured. Also if I could go back to practising marshal arts and normal activities?

Stem cell/spinal cord injury [ 2 Answers ]

What is the latest information on spinal cord injury? Is there any research using stem cell dealing with spinal cord injury?

Weights with Injuries? [ 2 Answers ]

I recently injured my knee in sports, and I don't think I can do squats or any major leg training for a fair few monthes. So iv'e decided to concentrate on my upper body for the time being. Does anyone know any good strength endurance training methods for bench press and the like? ...

Spinal - ITC [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Sir, Madam, I am shweta from India. I met accident before 10 years ago. Since then I could walk with help of sticks and elbow sticks. Doctors said that I'm suffering from Paraplegia.It has been affected on D12. They said my nerves hv been pressed and so there is not much possibility of my...

View more questions Search