Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lou-T Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2007, 04:42 PM
    Spinal Injuries
    I was diagnosed with slipped/herniated disk. I was wondering if it could be cured. Also if I could go back to practising marshal arts and normal activities?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 7, 2007, 04:44 PM
    This is something that you need to discuss with your doctor since there are different degrees of the injury.

Unfortunately we cannot answer the question with any accuracy since we have not done a physical or examined x-rays, mri, ct and the like.

Surgery may be necessary for some, but not for all.
    madhatter2 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2009, 05:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou-T View Post
    I was diagnosed with slipped/herniated disk. I was wondering if it could be cured. Also if i could go back to practising marshal arts and normal activities?
    Speaking from personal experience I had a 3 herniated disk 15 years ago the first 3 months were horrible a lot of rest laying on the floor. Keeping as much weight off the disk as possible then I decided to have the injections in the spine I think they were cortisone steroid shots 5 of them it took a week after the shots before I started feeling relief and my back was weak for about a year after that but eventually got better.but never 100% but I couldn't afford the physical therapy with therapy and proper exercise you will eventually be well.
    The key element is getting GOOD sleep at night that is when the body produces healing hormones

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stem cell/spinal cord injury [ 2 Answers ]

What is the latest information on spinal cord injury? Is there any research using stem cell dealing with spinal cord injury?

Weights with Injuries? [ 2 Answers ]

I recently injured my knee in sports, and I don't think I can do squats or any major leg training for a fair few monthes. So iv'e decided to concentrate on my upper body for the time being. Does anyone know any good strength endurance training methods for bench press and the like? ...

Spinal - ITC [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Sir, Madam, I am shweta from India. I met accident before 10 years ago. Since then I could walk with help of sticks and elbow sticks. Doctors said that I'm suffering from Paraplegia.It has been affected on D12. They said my nerves hv been pressed and so there is not much possibility of my...

Basketball Injuries [ 5 Answers ]

I really want to make the varsity team my freshman year. I'm 5'11'', 155lbs, very lean (I have a six pack), 14 years old. I just broke my foot 3 months ago and got off the cast 1 month ago, so I'm still weak on that foot. I could touch rim before I broke it. My strengths are: I'm the fastest...

View more questions Search