Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shelleyb25 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2007, 02:35 PM
    Residential Cleaning Estimates
    How do I, without calling around to get estimates, figure out how much I charge customers to clean their home?

Shelley
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 7, 2007, 02:46 PM
    I did this many years ago and had to do a walk around, assess the rooms, how many nick nacks had to be dusted (that is the major time factor, dusting). I charged 20 dollars an hour canadian and estimated it would take me two hours for a two bedroom home. I didn't do basements, no leaning kitty litter or dog poop, just the house.
    HBF Posts: 86, Reputation: 4

Jun 26, 2007, 05:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shelleyb25
    How do I, without calling around to get estimates, figure out how much I charge customers to clean their home?

Shelley
    It is really important to actually go see the house. You can give a rough estimate based on the size of the home, bedrooms, baths, etc, but tell your customer you need to see it to give an exact quote. If you really don't want to spend the time to go to the person's house, you can charge what is called an initial clean which is usually double the cost of regular maintenance cleaning (usually around $150 for a moderately sized home). This way the house is deep cleaned and the work load will be much less from then on. I have heard one too many times where people say they quoted over the phone and the customer even said the home was not dirty and their version of dirty was much different than the homeowners. Needless to say, they made no money on that job.

Good luck,
    Stacy
    Start Your Own Small Business With Professional Business Forms And Support - Home

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In home estimates for Cleaning Business [ 3 Answers ]

I have started a cleaning business and I am not sure how to go about doing in home estimates. Could someone possible give me advice on how to do in home estimates. Thanks

Residential electricle [ 4 Answers ]

What decade was aluminum wiring installed on the interior of the house and what does it look like on the outer shieth. Allso what are your thoughts on the stuff. My family and I Are house shopping. Concerned shopper

A/c residential [ 4 Answers ]

Last summer when we had the really hot days of 90-100 degree temp outside my a/c system would not cool the house below 80 degrees inside and the unit would run constantly I decided today to check the system I put my guages on the cond. Unit and had a suction pressure of 45 and a discharg pressure...

Residential cleaning service [ 3 Answers ]

My name is Mari. I recently started a cleaning company. I have already cleaned serveral homes but I am having a hard time as to what I am suppose to charge. I do not have much experience in this field but thought it would be a good flexible job while I am in school. I have tried to get advice...

View more questions Search