Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    whoknowswhattodo Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2007, 10:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by eljay1103
    I have a 14 month old bay girl, Im a young parent (19) my fiancee (21) I know we are young but we have it pretty much together; a good home for our daughter...she has a great father that takes care of our family, yes we are together. I dont work so we do live off his incomeso Im always home...which has its ups and downs.. But now heres the issue my mother supported me through everything and shes very very close to the baby and wants to take her every weekend faithfully... Now at the time I dont mind because like I said I am young and I feel like its a break sometimes for me to go out. BUt then I start to think Im a bad parent for letting her out every weekend like if I wasnt responsible. I love my daughter very much and I want to show her that I can raise her the right way even though I had her at a young age and not that Im dumping her with gramma. Now the baby is getting really attached to my mother bc she really really spoils her I dont know if it has to do with the baby sleeping with her when she spends the night at my moms house or what ... Sometimes I feel jelous because she always wants her to hold her and pick her up...When my daughter gets older how do I let her know Im the boss?? Sometimes I dont know if my daughter knows Im the mother?! I dont know what to do I can't just take the baby away from my mom shes her life!! I dont want to either my mom really helps me when I need her help.... Should I not let the baby sleep out every weekend even if its with her grandparents??
    Why every weekend? Why overnight? Don't go out partying... live a different life. Go out for the evening & have fun, but pick up your sweetie most of the time. If you really need the break, then take the break. She'll know you are mom. You sound like a good mom, but going out all weekend, doesn't really fit into the mom category. Can you find something that you both like to do over at your mom's house once in a while. That way you get a break and grandma gets to spoil her as grandma's love to do. Of course she loves your mom... she's a lot like you. Tell your mom how you feel and what you are concerned about. You're not in competition with her. She wants the best for both of you. Thank God for moms... both you and yours.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search