Ask
    saraispiel19 Posts: 670, Reputation: 115
    -

Jun 8, 2007, 11:50 AM
    Ummm yeα?
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2007, 12:16 PM
    Paris Hilton Ordered Back To Jail!! TO SERVE THE REMAINDER OF THE 45 DAYS.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2007, 12:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Apparently the issue was NOT overcrowding. Her psychiatrist came to meet her in prison and told the warden that if she stays any longer she would have a mental breakdown. THAT is why she was released.

Paris' Medical Condition -- Mental, Not Physical - TMZ.com

If I had as much money as her I could get a doctor to claim I had a mental breakdown too.

Hell I could get the doctor to claim in my mind I think I'm the king of Prussia and that I have long discussions with an end table I named Fred who (in my mind once again) is my chief political advisor AND that we are curently at war with a tree in my back yard.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2007, 08:37 AM
    Yes, Paris should serve her sentence, but this matter of her early release was screwed up by the sheriff, and the judge took that mistake out on her.

In my opinion the judge should have called in the sheriff to answer why he violation the judge ruling.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2007, 09:30 AM
    Hello again:

A judge cannot RULE that a sentence must be served in a certain way. He can only sentence a person and make Recommendations to the incarcerating agency. In this case, that's the sheriff. He's the ultimate decision maker as to where an inmate does their time.

The sheriff is not holding her because the judge ordered him to. He's holding her because he doesn't want to make it a Constitutional issue. The judge cannot take away her good time either. He just can't, and I don't care that he thinks he can. If the judge insisted on taking away her good time, then I'll bet the sheriff won't be so amenable - at least I hope he won't be.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Motion for early release from federal probation [ 5 Answers ]

Where can I find a Federal motion form for early release from probation so I can file it myself?

Early release from probation [ 10 Answers ]

Can I get released early from probation in Pennsylvania?

Early release from federal probation [ 2 Answers ]

I have been on probation for 1 1/12 years, I understand that after only one year I can apply for an early release to get off federal probation. I know that there are conditions and procedures that need to be completed as well as the correct forms filled out and sent in. I had copies of everything,...

Early release [ 2 Answers ]

I was just wondering if it is possible for a probation officer to release you earlier from probation than what the judge has sentenced me to in NYS

Is there a loop hole in capitol gain? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I bought our house almost a year ago. Recently someone offered us an amount we could not refuse. If we sell before owning the house for a year is it true that as long as all the money is invested within two years we do not have to pay capitol gain tax? Does this include a house we...

View more questions Search