Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhjgeorgia Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2007, 08:06 AM
    Credit Repair
    There are so many credit repair companies and web sites around. You also hear about schemes and other people fanaggling ways to get you to pay them to help you repair your credit or increase your score. How does one know who to trust? Has anyone really gotten success with any of these companies? Or expensive "kits"? How can I repair my credit and get things "fixed" on my credit report(s)? What is the least expensive yet successful way to do this?
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Jun 7, 2007, 08:02 PM
    I don't think you can "repair" bad credit, it is what it is, only time can correct it. Now if there is an obvious error or erros on one's credit, that can and should be corrected. I would be very careful of companies offering to "repair" credit.
    gazelleintense Posts: 175, Reputation: 13

Jun 8, 2007, 12:48 PM
    It's a scam. The only thing you can do to repair credit is pay your bills off... and wait. It takes time... eventually your credit will improve... you can't pay someone to do this. It's a scam.

The only thing you can get taken off a credit report is errors.
    farmgirlmo Posts: 107, Reputation: 2

Jul 10, 2008, 10:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rhjgeorgia
    There are so many credit repair companies and web sites around. You also hear about schemes and other people fanaggling ways to get you to pay them to help you repair your credit or increase your score. How does one know who to trust? Has anyone really gotten success with any of these companies? or expensive "kits"? How can I repair my credit and get things "fixed" on my credit report(s)? What is the least expensive yet successful way to do this?
    Check out myFICO - FICO Credit Scores | Get a Free Credit Report Online

IMO, don't pay anyone to do anything you can do yourself.
    TheCleaner Posts: 152, Reputation: 3

Jul 11, 2008, 05:34 AM
    The real issue about credit repair companies is the price, they usually ask for 600 dollar to repair somebody credit but there is no way to get the job done right and make a reasonable money by hour worked, I decide to stay away from that business when I realized that fixing a credit report with maybe 7, 9 bad accounts, OC, collectors, student loans require tens of hours writing and talking on the phone so by the end I'd be making maybe 8 to 10 dollars an hour, I don't work for that kind of money. What this companies do to make money is sending out form letters, the same for every customer, when the CRAs spot a credit repair company user they put mark in your file and after that they won't listen to your disputes anymore.

Do it yourself, I will help you for free trhougt this forum if you decide to go that way.

Carl.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit Repair [ 5 Answers ]

I have a poor credit report. I am able at this time to pay off what I owe. Is it possible to make arrangements with a credit company to remove bad credit if payment is made in full? If so, what type of letter would best work? Thanks for you time mica

How to repair my credit [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 21 yrs old and fixing to get married I want to repair my credit of some past mistakes from being young and stupid and having some fincial hardships. I've been trying to pay off my debts and I've manged to do that with some but I can't pay off my credit card balances in full and I don't have a...

Credit repair [ 2 Answers ]

Has anyone used the credit company in columbus called CCCS? It is on Broad Street on the east side. I wanted to go to them for help but I know nothing about them. Are they good at what they say they do?

Question #3 Credit Repair: Old, inactive accounts - should I delete? [ 5 Answers ]

I have two (a major department store and major banking institution) revolving accounts that have been open since 2000 and 1995 respectively, but have held a zero balance for the last several years. If I cannot re-establish usage of these accounts, will deleting them hurt my credit? -Ena

Question #4 Credit Repair: Fraudulent loan amount [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a student loan (some private lender offered by the small school) account on my credit for a $20,000 credit limit with a $4800 balance that was categorized as "bad debt placed for collection". There was never any collection effort - because the loan was only for $3500 initially. The...

View more questions Search