Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lwchris Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2007, 07:41 AM
    HOMELINE Panels are they good?
    I recently purchased a farm house. In the deal a Square D Homeline main panel “new in the box” with 20 breakers was left with the house. My question is one of review and opinion. Are the Homeline panels good? Should I take advantage of getting the free box and install it or I am selling myself short? Should I look at buying a different panel?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2007, 12:02 PM
    Square D HomeLine is a fine product. You will have no problems with it.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2007, 05:12 PM
    Agreed, Maybe use a NO OX type product for connections.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2007, 02:50 AM
    Do not misunderstand, NO Ox is an anti oxidant compound that must be applied to any connection in any panel, breaker, etc. when aluminum wire is installed. Not just HomeLine products.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding sub panels and then some. [ 19 Answers ]

Hello I am a fully qualified carpenter/builder from Ontario Canada. I have done a number of my own electrical projects on my past homes and I enjoy the challenge. I was just surfing the site looking for some ideas on my situation and I was enjoying all the good advice that you well...

Connecting two panels [ 1 Answers ]

We want to add another panel in our basement along side the original panel. This new panel has to have a 60 amp breaker and a 30 amp breaker with a 10 or 12-120 breakers. What size wire would be required to connect the two panes?

Multiple Sub Panels [ 1 Answers ]

First questions; I have a GE Box with 200 amp service. I have one sub panel and need to add 2 more. Is there a limit on how many sub panels that can be added? My home has gas heat and gas water and therefore total current is not a problem. Second question; My existing GE panel has horizontal...

Electric panels [ 3 Answers ]

This Is The Problem I Am Having I Have Two Electrical Panels In Side The House. The First Panel Is A 125 Maxium Rateing Murray & The Other Panel Is A Ge Panel Rated 120/240 Ac 3 Wire 125 Ampere The Murray Panel Has The Stove & Water Heater Wired To It.the Other Panel Has 20 Amp 30 Amp...

Good and bad main panels? [ 3 Answers ]

I need a new up grade 200amp main panel.. I see a lot of different brands on e bay .ect and in the store.. any one or ones I should stay away from?the best ones are? Ite... cutter hammer any good? I know q d is very good bur very exspensive also... hope I get a answer from ...

View more questions Search