Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    weaverscave Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2007, 06:38 PM
    Dog will not drink
    My dog just had her teeth cleaned and a bump removed on her eye lid, she was put under, and will not drink any water. She is eating fine and going to the bathroom, but has not had any water in two days and very little water before that. What do I do ?
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2007, 06:47 PM
    Is she eating dry food or wet food? If she eats dry food you can always add a little water to it to increase her fluid intake. My guess is, though, that if she's peeing, she's drinking. She may be drinking a bit less because it hurts or maybe because her mouth is feeling better she doesn't need to drink as much as she was. If you are really concerned about it, call your vet.

Hope this helps.

Didi
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2007, 08:40 PM
    Yes, following any treatment, always call the vet with any problems. Usually follow up will be free.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dog won't drink water [ 9 Answers ]

My dog is 4 months old and he lost his first baby teeth last week and will only eat soft food, which is understandable, but now for the last 3 days he will not drink water. I had to start adding water to his food and make it like a gravy because he refuses the water completely. I can't afford to...

My dog won't eat or drink anything, what should I do. [ 5 Answers ]

His feces has no blood in it, and he hasn't threw up.

My dog won't drink his water [ 1 Answers ]

I have a toy poodle that's 6yrs old, he was throwing up , he would drink his water but he couldn't keep it down. Took him to his vet they gave him meds, he's back eating his food but I can't get him to drink on his own, been giving him water with a eye dropper lookig thing.His vet is out of town,...

Dog won't drink when alone [ 2 Answers ]

My dog will not drink water when he is home alone. Recently this has been causing issues, I believe, with heat/dehydration. He has twice collapsed after I get home from work. I have have started giving him a bowl of gatorade before leaving for work so that he has SOME fluids in his system. The...

Dog won't drink water [ 9 Answers ]

Yesterday I found a stray dog in the street. He didn't have a collar. My mom and I walked him over to the nearby vet and she came out and looked him over. She said he was about 6 years old and her and I both agreed he seems to look like a shepherd collie mix. He's just a sweet heart, but the...

View more questions Search