Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

May 15, 2007, 10:33 AM
    Well, 2 bits of news. 1st off the Nat West has responded with my statements back to April 2001 and a letter stating that when I have identified the charges to return the statements. Interesting it only took 2 weeks to get them.

We'll see what happens when the statements go back.

The 2nd bit of news I heard on the radio at 4:30 this afternoon, that Lloyds /TSB have won a court case for charges! I will try and find a news link and post
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 15, 2007, 10:41 AM
    Right here: BBC NEWS | Business | Bank's overdraft charges upheld
    And here's a summary of the judgement: http://img.thisismoney.co.uk/docs/Summary.pdf

Basically what happened is the Judge didn't understand that the charges are a breach of contract and made his judgement based on that.

Not to worry as there are some SERIOUS minds on this case now, it WILL be appealed.
    The appeal goes straight to the HIGH COURT and as such FULL disclosure is assured.

DON'T panic WE will win through.
    Basically this was a standard LTSB defence that has been distroyed many times in the past. Also the lower courts cannot set a precedent.
    BossMan

May 15, 2007, 01:22 PM
    After a load of digging and a follow up on BBC (BBC NEWS | Business | Was the bank victory an accident?) it's seems tha the judge was concerntrating on the breach of contract angel.
    Unfourtunatly when asked, by the judge, if exceeding your agreed overdraft was considered a breach the person answered NO when he should have said YES.
    I suppose that pride over took him and he didn't want to admit to any wrong doing.
    Really this case should never of gone before the judge in the first place as SC&M (LTSB's lawyers aka SCaM) didn't even turn up!

The upshot of this is it could become the test case we have all been waiting for, which of course the banks have been trying to avoid at all costs.
    Forget Tom Brennen, this is where the action is.
    Small Town Joe (or Kev in this case) Takes On The Banks In High Court!
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

May 30, 2007, 07:00 AM
    Well I've got some great news, Natwest have just written back to me and awarded me everything I asked for (£1400) without so much as a fight, just had to wait for a while!

I'm chuffed to bits!

And apparently RBS have sent me a letter this week too! Nice!

Keep up the good fight people!
    BossMan

May 30, 2007, 07:37 AM
    Nice one Hunter.
    I happy for you.
    Well my "request" is happily winging its way to LTSB, I wonder what their response will be.
    Should be interesting as I'm going for 10 years with contractual interest on top.
    Hey if you're going to claim then make it a doosy ;)

Jun 6, 2007, 06:17 AM
    Update: LBA letter has gone in claiming some £1200 including interest from NatWest. Fingers crossed, that's next years holiday to US and Australia.

Jun 6, 2007, 06:41 AM
    Legend!

Natwest paid my money into my bank on Tuesday! Spend, spend, spend!

I'm just waiting on my RBS settlement letter now! Woop!
    BossMan

Jun 6, 2007, 06:43 AM
    Well I have a few more days before I can LBA LTSB, still waiting on my BogOff letter from them.
    Should be interestig, but knowing me they won't of read my claim at all and I'll just get a template job.

Jun 12, 2007, 02:11 AM
    Woohoo! RBS have just settled with me, and for the full amount! Happy Days!

The Milky Bars are on me! Lol!
    BossMan

Jun 12, 2007, 02:18 AM
    *Takes Hunter Out The Back For A Good Shoeing*

:(:(:(
    I'm still fighting with mine and you guys are getting settled already.

Jun 12, 2007, 02:31 AM
    Sorry Curly!

I've had to wait quite some time though, I requested my statements at the start of March, and my first request letter went out at the end of March, so that's 3 months from start to finish!

Still worth it though!
    BossMan

Jun 12, 2007, 02:42 AM
    Dude,
    I requested my statements start of FEB!!
    OK so my claim is a lot more involved with 10 years and CCI, but even so :(:(
    BossMan

Jun 14, 2007, 09:58 AM
    Now this is starting to get a little silly:
    BBC NEWS | Business | More bank cases face strike out

What is this person thinking.
    We so need a test case so the whole thing can be completely settled once and for all.
    I must admit to being slightly concerned as I'm taking on LTSB, but I have already told them that I don't agree with their assessment that their cahrges are for a service and not penaltys.

I've looked back on some old T&C's and they state that these charges are to cover the extra work involved, so your teling me it costs £30 to increase my overdraft??

If that's the case I'm in the wrong line of work, as that would be a few thousand pounds a hour pay, almost up there with lawyers ;)

Jun 15, 2007, 02:34 AM
    This morning my son has received 970.00 GBP from the Natwest no fuss or hassle. Followed the usual sequence DPA, LBA and got his money. Good for him! The least he can do is buy me a beer!

My own LBA has been acknowledged by the bank so we'll see what happens in the next week or so!

Jun 15, 2007, 02:36 AM
    Woohooo! Congratulations! *cheers*

Did Natwest respond at all during that claim?

Jun 15, 2007, 03:31 AM
    Yes, with the usual "Thank you for your letter of the ....blah blah, Regards Charges Referral Team" with some obscure squiggle at the bottom. Very efficient of the bank, if they were to be charging me the standard letter, it has cost them £60 on top of what I'm claiming... nice

Jun 15, 2007, 03:33 AM
    See, they didn't respond to me AT ALL until they said 'Hey, do you want everything you've asked for?'

Must be a glitch in the Matrix!
    BossMan

Jun 15, 2007, 03:35 AM
    :(:(

Jun 15, 2007, 03:45 AM
    Don't lose faith CB, you'll get your money, just be patient!
    BossMan

Jun 15, 2007, 03:48 AM
    LOL, I know.
    Hey well it's only one claim I have going, saying that all the others are taking their sweet time too.

So looks like I maybe very busy at my local court in the very near future.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Blackheads - should I ignore? [ 13 Answers ]

Iam a high schooler and am plagued by blackheads. My skin doesn' thave just a few solitary blackheads easily removed by a blackhead remover, but hundreds of blackheads on my cheeks and nose. So, a blackhead extractor is not useful for me. Even if I tried, they are already too deep in my skin. I...

Why does he ignore me? [ 16 Answers ]

I'm family friends with this guy and he's always really quiet around me and he always looks so bored, unfriendly and mean. I make conversation sometimes when I get up the courage but he never seems to respond and I just don't know why!! I don't see what his problem is with me! I'm nice to him...

Should I ignore it? [ 8 Answers ]

I am 18 years old and previously worked for zellers from June 2006- early December 2006. During that time I made a number of stupid choices and stole small items which I believed to have totaled less then 50 dollars. My friend also stole a memory card which was around 50 dollars and he is related...

To ignore or not to ignore [ 4 Answers ]

I really want by b\f back. He needs space. But possibly sees us together in the future, do I give it to him and risk losing him? He also wants to be with another guy who he is not sure about either. We have been apart a few months now and I am feeling desperate and I do not think this is a good...

View more questions Search