Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    purpose Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2007, 12:17 PM
    ethical issue
    CAN ANYONE HELP?
    Python.com owes $6 million on notes payable that will come due for payment in $6 million on notes payable that will come due for payment in $1.5 million annual installments. The company has used its cash to advertise heavily in the competitive dotcom business environment. The result is that cash is scarce, and Python.com’s management doesn’t know where next year’s note payment will come from. Python.com has prepared its balance sheet at December 31, 20x4 and its reports the following
    Liabilities
    Curent:
    Accounts payable…………………………………………………………………$1,900,000
    Salary Payable and other accrued Liabilities…………………………. 300,000
    Unearned revenue collected in advance ………………………………… 500,000
    Income tax payable…………………………………………………………………… 200,000
    Total current liabilities………………………………………………………………2,900,000
    Long Term:
    Notes payable ………………………………………………………………………….. 6,000,000

What is wrong with the way Python.com reported its liabilities? Why did Python.com report its liabilities this way? What is unethical about this way of reporting these liabilities? Who can be harmed as a result?
    chancy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2007, 12:24 PM
    The long term liability of $6 million is wrong a portion of that is short term. Do not know why they showed it this way. It is unethical because it is not in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.Who will be hurt anyone thinking that there current liabilities are a lower amount.
    purpose Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2007, 12:26 PM
    Thank You So Much

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ethical challenges [ 1 Answers ]

What are some of the ethical challenges faced by civil investigators and how do they differ from agents of the state?

I have a shower issue and venting issue [ 1 Answers ]

I have 4 showers in my house 1 downstairs and 3 upstairs. Two of the 3 upstairs have stopped having hotwater in them, shower A is a tub shower combined unit and has no hot water in it, shower B is a shower only with a jetted tub in the same bathroom but not single unit. The shower in B has no hot...

Is this a issue ? [ 7 Answers ]

PC : XP Pro Service pack 2 --------------------------- Start/Run <typed>MSCONFIG Looked in: Win.Ini Programs It shows: ;msconfig Luke.exe=C:\storage\calarkconnect iso\clarkconnect-2.1iso

Ethical and Legal responsibilities: financial [ 0 Answers ]

Hey I have been given this question to answer can anyone help me Explain the ethical and legal responsibilities that a company should comply with in the preparation of financial reports. Why is it important that a company comply with theses responsibilities?

View more questions Search