Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hrshous Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2007, 11:34 AM
    New to Firefox
    Just got Firefox. Not a computer expert here. Am a netzero user, when I dbl clk NZ icon same old Microsoft in expl screen comes up... when I then dbl clk Firefox icon that screen comes up with the message that FF is not my default browser and do I want it to be? Is this normal? If not how do I fix? Before changing to FF I was continually getting several error screens from Microsoft and would get thrown back to start, now with FF none of that happens anymore and I can surf with no interruption. Before changing to FF my computer would start and as I worked on it the amber light would start blinking more and more and the puter would make noise like it was trying to accomplish something... finally it would get so bad that I had to restart to be able to use... please comment on this and what I might do to prevent in the future.. thanks
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2007, 06:11 PM
    The information that you find on the following site may be of help to you. I hope that it is.

Using Firefox - Wikibooks, collection of open-content textbooks
    Haxzor50 Posts: 147, Reputation: 1
    -

Jun 6, 2007, 06:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hrshous
    Just got firefox. not a computer expert here. am a netzero user, when i dbl clk NZ icon same old microsoft in expl screen comes up...when i then dbl clk firefox icon that screen comes up with the message that FF is not my default browser and do i want it to be? is this normal? if not how do i fix?? Before changing to FF i was continually getting several error screens from microsoft and would get thrown back to start, now with FF none of that happens anymore and i can surf with no interruption. before changing to FF my computer would start and as i worked on it the amber light would start blinking more and more and the puter would make noise like it was trying to accomplish something....finally it would get so bad that i had to restart to be able to use......please comment on this and what i might do to prevent in the future..thanks
    Yes, if this is happening to you, I would suggest that you make it your default browser..

All it does is when a program requires the start of a browser, instead of NZ, the browser will be FF...
    1badchoice Posts: 227, Reputation: 45

Jun 6, 2007, 10:00 PM
    Sounds like your IE has been corrupted. You can choose to use FF or uninstall IE then re-install. Be sure you have FF or some other browser to get online to re-install new IE. This happens sometimes for no apparent reason. It should correct some of the problems with the computer hanging up. Also be sure to run your cleanup programs. Sorry... was thinking of Internet Explorer. More than likely it's similar even if it's NZ.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do you use Firefox? [ 16 Answers ]

If you do what are your favorite extensions And What is your impression of IE 7? ---- Savage

Firefox 2.0 [ 4 Answers ]

I'm on v1.5.0.7 - and on automatic updates. Why am I not on 2.0? Even doing a manual "check for updates", it says I'm up to date. Yeah, I know I can download and install 2.0... I'm just curious as to what's up with it saying 1.5 is "up to date"...

FireFox - What's up with this? [ 6 Answers ]

I have been using FireFox as my default browser for quite some time, but all of a sudden it stopped working. I can only use the browser if I use the safe mode (it's built into FF). I have tried unistalling & reinstalling, but that does nothing to help. Has anyone else experienced this problem &...

Firefox? [ 2 Answers ]

For some reason my Firefox worked OK the first day. Now I get no pics when I go to websites/email boxes etc... Dozens of errors on the Java console. I don't get it it worked great then next time I turned on the computer they just aren't working together. Firefox and Java??

Firefox Or IE? [ 17 Answers ]

The newest of version of Firefox is due to believe released today and it looks like it has hit a 10% market share (info from here). So I was wondering - what browser does everyone use regularly? Just curious to see the spread on these forums. I'm a Firefox user myself and I love it. It tops...

View more questions Search