Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eman Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2007, 11:20 AM
    05 Nissan Maxima Fuel options
    :confused: I recently bought a 05 Nissan Maxima. I tell me to put in premium fuel to get maximum performance. With gas prices so high am I able to put in anything less that premium? Will I reck my engine? Will there be a residue deposit in the engine? Or will the car just not go as fast? Thanks
    Vandy-1 Posts: 99, Reputation: 6

Jun 7, 2007, 12:59 AM
    Using 87 octane in most cars will give you all the performance you need.
    Certain cars however can require only 93 octane check to see if yours is one of them. It
    Will likely state this near filler neck like on the gas cap door or by your fuel gauge on dash.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2002 Nissan Maxima a lot of smoking [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a 2002 maxima and I had fuel injector #4 replaced and put teckron in the gas tank. I took it to a mechanic and had those things done however before I took it there it never smoked that bad. The smoke had a little bit of a gas smell and it is white. The more I gas and go the more...

1995 Nissan Maxima [ 1 Answers ]

My car has never gave me any trouble until about 2 weeks ago. I got in the car to go to work and it would turn over, just like it was going to crank and it just would not catch. We replaced the fuel pump and the car cranked and ran fine for the rest of the day but when I got in the next morning it...

2005 nissan maxima [ 1 Answers ]

How do you change the license plate light

Nissan maxima 99 [ 5 Answers ]

My wife has a cowoker who has a 99 Maxima. The car will shut off when she is coming to a stop. Doesn't happen all the time. A garage said it may be the map sensor and quoted her $500.00 to replace it. Any thoughts what may be the problem?

ABS light in Nissan Maxima 92 [ 2 Answers ]

My ABS light came on and stayed on. I shut the car off and then restarted it but the light came back on and stayed on again. Any idea what the problem can be? Thanks queenyogi

View more questions Search