Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jun 22, 2010, 12:36 AM

Hunter has good customer service. Much better than other "H" brands.
    jkosoglow Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2011, 06:13 PM
    Not sure if I can still get an answer. My wire colors are

Black
    Yellow
    Brown
    Blue

It's a casablanca fan. Anybody know the wire configuration
    JoePan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2012, 10:58 AM
    Please send the web address for the switch I need one thanks
    inhometherapy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2012, 11:01 AM
    I am looking for a reputable Hunter Ceiling fan person to fix my fan. The motor seems to not be working and the dim switch as well.
    Thank you
    Elizabeth
    inhometherapy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2012, 11:03 AM
    I am looking for a reputable Hunter Ceiling fan electrician who can fix my fan. Can you recommend anyone? Near Queens NY.
    Thanks Elizabeth
    cfarrington Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2012, 08:21 AM
    Would you be kind enough to send me the web address where I can order one of these switches. I have the Well Tec E116997 also and need a replacement.

Thank you

Chris Farrington.
    [email protected]
    tlw948 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2013, 01:37 PM
    I need to know where you purchased your Hunter ceiling fan 3-way switch by WELL TEC (part # E116997). Thank you.
    millers15 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2013, 10:40 AM
    True-I took apart my fan switch and removed the few remaining chain balls and replaced with a new chain. Pay attention to how switch goes back together as you dismantle switch. It took a little patience -you have to have the spring in the correct position, then the plastic piece that sits on top of the spring has to be on the correct side of the switch base, and the other half of the switch might have a trick or two. On that half, the little bent metal pieces that create connections between each wire and the center hub might come out. Just replace them with needle-nose pliers. Backing up to dismantling the switch in the first place: on some switches like mine you can pry back 3 plastic snaps and dismantle the switch. Maybe on some switches they are permanently sealed once assembled. Anyway, on mine, once everything is back in place, you just carefully snap the two halves back together.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Celing fan pull switch [ 8 Answers ]

I have a stacked switch that will hold 8 wires there were 2 black 1 grey 1green and 1 purple. Some one replaced it and got it wired wrong the fan stayed on low and the switch would not effect it. I took and old single layer switch from another fan touched the black to each wire to find the speeds...

Hunter ceiling fan switch nightmare [ 10 Answers ]

The chain on my Hunter ceiling fan broke and I bought a replacement. I must have not connected the wires correctly, because I have only 2 speeds. The wire colors are black, brown, grey and purple. I assume that black goes to the L position on the switch. What about the others? Help!! Thanks,...

Hunter Ceiling Fan On/Off Pull String Out of socket [ 2 Answers ]

The pull string for the on/off switch pulled out of the socket. Can the pull string be put back into the socket?

Hunter fan switch ---won't stop [ 1 Answers ]

Just replaced a hunter 3 way fan switch. Swear I matched up the wires correctly. The light works properly off a second pull chain, and the wall switch cuts power to both fan and light. The fan definitely operates on 3 speeds, BUT... the off position on the pull chain, doesn't stop the fan...

HELP! Wiring a pull chain in a Hunter ceiling fan [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, my 81 year old mother's ceiling fan pull chain broke off inside the switch. I was careful when I changed the switches, only changing one color at a time. It didn't work, so I called my electrician brother-in-law who discombooberated the whole mess, told me the switch I got was bad and went on...

View more questions Search