Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angelz328 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2007, 08:52 AM
    Credit card debt set for trial
    My husband was served papers on an old credit card debt, he is on social security disability, he went to court for this and was given a trial date. What happens at this trial? We live in Illinois can any one tell me what to expect next, with it being set for trial. The credit card debt was not being collected by the original issurer of the card it was sold, it was not paid on since 2000 or 2001 and is showing that it was written off on the credit report. And the debt was sold to a collection agency. Does anyone know what the SOL is in Illinois for this type of debt?
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2007, 08:56 AM
    Read this post and when he goes back to court inform the judge.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...evy-86065.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit Card Debt - How to Get out of IT? [ 12 Answers ]

I have a large credit card debt of $26000+ on a single card, and a few debts of $900-$1450 on three other cards. I am on a student fellowship, so I don't get very much money each month, but I really need to get out from under this debt - this month the interest rate seems to have drastically...

Is credit card debt open account debt or a written agreement debt? [ 16 Answers ]

I am currently fighting a credit card debt action filed against me by Unifund. The issue is whether credit card debt is open account debt subject to 3 year SOL in the State of Washington or a written agreement debt subject to 6 years. I asked the same question on another forum and received an...

Debt on credit card [ 1 Answers ]

I am wondering if I have a judgement put on me personally ,can thet take cars that are in a s-corporation

Credit Card Debt [ 2 Answers ]

Hi---I have six credit card balances going and recently became unemployed. The biggest amount I have is 3,300.00, with other smaller balances on the other five. The biggest one has a credit limit of 9,400.00. I was wondering if it would be good to transfer all of the smaller ones (balances) to...

Credit card debt, trial set [ 4 Answers ]

I went to court today ,citi bank is suing me for 12,000. My credit limit was only 5000. I have not been abel to pay in 5 years. I live in ky but I had to go to tn for court. The attorney said that they could sue my husband even though he was not on the card and his social was not used only my name...

View more questions Search