Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iwantanswers Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2007, 08:48 AM
    Who protects windows during hurricane season?
    What are the landlords resposible for? What am I responsible for? HELP!:confused:
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jun 6, 2007, 11:41 AM
    You didn't say where you live but I'd start by calling town hall. You'll probably learn a lot about local code.
    On the other hand, liability is more of the question than responsilbility. Most renters have to insure their own contents. Is there anything in your rental agreement/contract?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2007, 11:46 AM
    That is why many landlords require the tenant to have renter's insurance within 30 days of moving in or to have that before the tenant moves in. The landlord is responsible for only so much.

Like CaptainRich said, contact your city hall and ask. Call your insurance company and ask about liabilities. The landlord's insurance might replace the windows if a hurricane breaks them, but what about the contents of the apt or home?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Felicity Season One [ 3 Answers ]

In Season One, Episode 2(The Last Stand), what is the song playing when Felicity is sitting in the Cafeteria, and Julie comes in to talk to her. I've heard they replaced music in some of the Seasons, but I don't know if they did that here. Some cites claim it is the Sarah Maclachlan song "Good...

Hurricane [ 1 Answers ]

Who names these hurricanes, why most of them have hispanic names, I think the last one called john,rite?

20A Plug help needed before hurricane strikes [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 20 amp(4 prong) female outlet on my generator, I bought the following: 20amp 4-prong male plug 15 ft of 4 cable 8 gauge rubber coated wiring a metal power box (don't know the official name) 2 pole 3 wire 20 amp grounding outlet (2 plugs) 2 pole 3 wire 15 amp duplex receptacle...

Varsity Next season [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I have a question since basketball season was over. I been doing track and I been doing so much better with my running skills. I doing so much with my endurance and stamina. Since track season is over now. I been concentrating with basketball and been practicing and I getting ready for the...

My boat and dock where destroyed by neighbors broken loose boat during hurricane [ 3 Answers ]

As I said above, during hurricane Wilma my neighbors boat broke loose from its mooring and floated down to my dock, two homes away, and proceeded to smash my boat and dock until the storm was over. My dock was destroyed and my boat was knocked off the lift and sank, Do I have any recourse, as my...

View more questions Search