Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1945 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2007, 11:39 PM
    Landlord's rights
    What are the rights of a landlord when a tenent installs an air conditioner ( without the landlord's knowledge) which was plumbed through a wall and into the house. When he left he took it and covered the vents with a board.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2007, 05:17 AM
    Hello 19:

You probably have the right to deduct the cost of repairs from his deposit, or you can sue him.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 6, 2007, 05:54 AM
    Yes, you can take the cost to fix this properly out of his deposit, or as noted you can sue him for the balance if it costs more.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2007, 06:04 AM
    Hello again, 19:

I also suggest you become familiar with your states landlord tenant laws. Certainly, if you're going to be a landlord, it might help if you knew the rules. You can find a copy right here, at the top of this forum on a sticky note.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

As an aunt do I rights to sue DCFS for vistation rights to see my niece? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi My name is Rosalyn. I have a 12 year old niece that I just adore. Unfortunately she is in foster care with Illinois's DCFS going on 6 years. My sister, my nieces mom is mentally Ill. Her father was in jail for 10 years (my niece was 2 when he was sentence). Now that he is out jail and a witness...

Legal Rights, Moral rights, and rights in general [ 5 Answers ]

Something popped up when I was answering a question the other day. My opinion is that there are laws(legal rights etc) and RIGHTS (moral rights) I though that itd be interesting to discuss. What are your opinions/experiences? Do you believe that the law has the right to determine our rights?

Landlord's lawyer says we have no case and we are not getting any money back [ 3 Answers ]

This is a month to month lease in New York. During October ,Nov and Dec. landlord refuses to fix heat and there was NO heat throughout house with numerous notifications. We thought he would fix it but instead right before Christmas tells us either we fix it or get out. The boiler man says the...

My landlord's mortgage foreclosed, what can I expect the bank to do? [ 1 Answers ]

My landlord's mortgage foreclosed last week. The property went to auction today, 4/18/07, and no one bought it, so the bank now owns the property. We paid rent to our landlord for 4/1/07. We were tenants at will, so there was no lease. She has our last month's rent, which we were looking to...

View more questions Search