Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    REVERENDPAT331 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2007, 06:36 PM
    Tranfer of nj probation
    Is it possible to tranfer probation to another state where there is work and housing promised,rather than live on public assistance in a rooming house.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 5, 2007, 07:22 PM
    It is possible, but often they will want to know exactly where you are going to live and want to know where you will work.

Not only does the state that you are in "NJ" have to OK you moving, but the other state will have to say it is OK for you to move there.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2007, 05:14 AM
    Hello Rev:

This is what I have posted on the matter in the past.

------------------

Ask your PO to supply you with the WRITTEN policy and procedures manual for his department. In it, you'll find a paragraph about transferring probation. By asking, he'll know that you want to transfer, so he's not going to be surprised when he receives your request. This whole thing is about avoiding surprises.

Next; don't go yourself, but get a job and a place to live in the other state. Write the probation agency that will be doing your supervision. Introduce yourself. Tell them about your job, and your place to live. Tell them about your crime and how sorry you are. Tell them that you are about to request a transfer, and wanted to give them a heads up.

Then, make your request in writing to your present PO. Having read the rules, you'll KNOW that you meet the criteria. Therefore, in your application, DON'T ASK!! TELL them that you meet the criteria for transfer according to rule such and such... cite the rule.

A request formed in that manner will be awfully hard to turn down. If it IS turned down, you've got your ducks all lined up for an appeal.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Roommate needs to go! Can I tranfer my lease? [ 2 Answers ]

I signed a lease with my roommate 2 months ago and I need to get out of here! We spoke about bills and house rules before moving in and he has not paid his share of any of the bills and always pays his part of the rent late. He also has a problem with drinking and perscription drugs. He is drunk...

Title tranfer problems [ 1 Answers ]

OK, so this guy gave me a used car (his old one) as a gift. He signed the title over to me and then I signed the title. Soon afterward, he decided that he wanted it back to sell to a friend of his for $1000. Pretty selfish/childish right?:rolleyes: So I was wondering if, since the title was in fact...

Probation help [ 4 Answers ]

How does one go about getting a early release from federal probation? I have a 4 year term of probation with 2 years to go. My case is in Michigan but I live in san diego. Thank you.

Probation [ 3 Answers ]

I got a 5 yr sentence in harris county, Texas. I have done almost 3 yrs. What are the possibilites of getting off? I was charged with arson. Please give me some advise.

View more questions Search