Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    E3317 Posts: 103, Reputation: -5

Jun 5, 2007, 03:57 PM
    Runners woes
    I have been trying to gain endurance to run about five miles a couple times per week. I have started running 1.5 miles daily for a week. The run is as hard to do on the seventh day as it was on the first day. How long will it take for me build up to five or six miles at this point
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2007, 05:02 PM
    When in my teens, I used to run 10 in the morning and 10 in the evening everyday for 3 years. Their was a breathing pattern I did of 2 breaths out and 2 breaths in, It was hypnotic. I didn't get tired of running, I stopped because I had other thing to do. I thought I would do my whole life. I don't now, I'm 50, and raising a granddaughter, More fun than running, smetimes. She's great
    It can be difficult to stick with at first, It will become addictive.
    Besides running, you need to stretch, run backwards and up and down stairs, sprints.
    How old are you.
    If you want to build endurance for 6 miles(10K)maybe do 2 or 3 miles a day. And then once or twice a week, run 5 or 6.
    It actually allows you have more endurance in everything.
    It is not a waste of energy. It allows you body to run more efficient. Diet, Sleep, and Habbits will be important
    Good luck. You will thank yourself later.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnancy Woes... [ 3 Answers ]

I am currently pregnant w/ my fourth child, and when they say every pregnancy is different, it's the truth. Recently, I've been having horrible sinus infections. One on top of the other.. and my allergies have been crazy. I went to my OB and he prescribed some medications, but now it's leading...

Transmission woes [ 1 Answers ]

My 1992 chevy silverado is stuck in park.there wasn't much warning.trans was shifting fine.had been a little hard to get out of park a few times,especially parked ona slope.I rocked the truck back and forth,checked linkage,even picked rear wheels off ground.any ideas?

Keyboard woes [ 1 Answers ]

A friend gets numbers when typing letters in an e mail on her acer laptop - anyone out there have an answer or comments? Thanks

Boot up Woes [ 9 Answers ]

I recently migrated my mobo into a new case, but found that now that the comp won't boot. At first it booted telling me that the Cmos Setup was wrong and that the Time and Date was not setup. So I shut it off and turned it back on a while ago only to find out that it won't boot to POST or nothing...

View more questions Search