Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slsteve Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2007, 03:50 PM
    Real Estate lien
    I want to know how can I file a lien on some real estate that I was a parter in but they sold it and did not pay me
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2007, 04:06 PM
    Too late for that they don't own it anymore, should have placed lien on home before they sold it
    slsteve Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2007, 04:13 PM
    It a 66 unite apartment complex and they still have a cut of it
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 5, 2007, 06:52 PM
    If you are a "patner" is your name not on the deed ? Did you not have to sign for them to sell it?

But to start with you will have to sue them and get a judgement, from that point, if they are still listed on the deed, you can place a lien against their share if your state allows a lien for this debt.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2007, 05:08 AM
    Hello steve:

I think you need a good real estate lawyer.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I file a real estate lien [ 1 Answers ]

A friend of mine flipping houses. She is running low on cash and does not have enough credit to help. She is asking to borrow money from me to help them finish the house so they can sell it. In return I am being offered a great return on my money when they sell. However, I still need to protect...

Problems with Executor of Estate not signing sales contract for real estate [ 4 Answers ]

My sister and I are the beneficiaries of our mothers will. She died when I was 17 and left my sister and I half of her estate, and named her doctor as the executor. I am now 22 and my sister is 20 (21 next month). We all agreed (verbally) to sell the family house to our father for $125k. He...

What is the minimum amount I should win to place a real estate lien? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have a condo. My neighbor upstairs flooded my and does not want to pay for the water damages. If I take him to small claims court, win and he still does not want to pay. Can I place a lien against his condo? What is the minimum amount of money I should win to place a lien? Thank...

Real Estate Lien [ 3 Answers ]

I have been sued by my X husband for 1/2 of the property in the home I lived in In Indiana. The divorce decree back in 1988 stated, when the wife in the future sells the property the husband will get 1/2 of the proceeds of the sale. I understate that. But I do not understand that the property was...

View more questions Search