Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laguzman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2007, 11:16 AM
    Alimony
    Hello Advice,

I divorced and live in California, due to the high cost of living, I am contemplating to move back home in Texas. Can my ex-husband ask the court for the amount of alimony awarded be adjusted? Since then, I have also earned my Bachelor’s in Science in education but, is still not working in that field. Can my ex-husband ask the courts to adjust the alimony once I start earning a little more?

Appreciate your guidance,

LG
    tawnynkids Posts: 622, Reputation: 111

Jun 6, 2007, 10:21 AM
    It will depend largely in part on how long alimony has been awarded for. If it was for a relatively short period it wouldn't likely be prudent for him to go back in to lower the amount especially if it won't lower by much. The judge may see that as a waste of the Courts time. BUT anything is possible, in that, he can ask for it to be lowered but it really just comes down to the numbers as it is a formula not necessarily how much a judge likes you/dislikes you that the amount was awarded. (They can do that of course of but they don't usually.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Alimony Source [ 1 Answers ]

Is a bonus from one's employer considered salary or income, legally?

TN Divorce and Alimony [ 9 Answers ]

I'm asking this for a friend in TN - no really!:o My friend who is a highly paid professional has been married to a man for about 20 years. Although the hubs is also educated they made the choice to have him stay home and even homeschool their children (now college aged). NOW... the wife finds...

Taxable Alimony [ 1 Answers ]

Can taxable alimony received be considered compensation for purpose of contribution to an IRA?

Alimony [ 2 Answers ]

HEllo, I am having a problem with my alimony. See I pay on a regular; but now I have a new woman in my life and she is pregnet. I was wondering is there any way to lower my alimony payments or to stop them in any way? I have two step kids as well and I am trying to remarry, so I would like to...

View more questions Search