Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    doreenmoore Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2007, 10:27 AM
    Roommate topic
    My roommate left leaving me with the rent alone to pay,left his belongings in room,how do l get my rent,when to l consider his belongings abanded
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2007, 10:37 AM
    Are you both listed on the lease?
    doreenmoore Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2007, 12:29 PM
    We are both on the lease it's a one year
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2007, 12:31 PM
    Then you can sue the roommate for their half of each month's rent. Filing in a small claims court is usually pretty cheap 40-50 dollars and they have all the forms needed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Landlord/Roommate added roommate without discussion [ 8 Answers ]

My roommate is my landlord. Recently he decided to add roommate to the house. I was never asked,nor was it discussed in any way with me. Two days before the new guys moved in I got a phone call that said, we’re getting a new roommate. He moved into the room next to mine right on time. We, me...

I need a topic [ 1 Answers ]

For the past three years our high school has been doing storytelling (memorizing a story then telling it aloud). This year however, we have to do speeches. This is a problem for me because I have no idea what to talk about. I'm looking for a topic that isn't so inceridibly serious that it make...

Never seen this topic before... [ 5 Answers ]

This is a unique problem that I am not quite sure what to do about it. My girlfriend and I have been together for almost 14 years, living together for maybe 10. During the past 2 years our relationship has stagnated into more housemates instead of lovers. We are good friends and get along very...

Roommate vs. Roommate evicitions ? [ 13 Answers ]

I am on a lease to rent a room. I found another person to rent the other room. I have lived at this house for 3 years. He has lived here for two months. I want him out because he is a nuisance. My rights as a tenant does not specifically state me as a Principle Tenant, but I've been here the...

View more questions Search