Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wmw38 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2007, 10:00 AM
    Which lawn tractor should I buy?
    I need to replace our tractor, and I'm looking for some input. My initial parameters: I need to stay with a 42" deck (to fit in the shed), and am leaning towards another twin-cylinder.

We've got a hilly 3/4 acre lot that gets mowed +- once a week, always followed by towing the sweeper to get clippings. I occasionally pull the broadcast spreader, and I often hitch up a simple dump cart (for mulch, firewood, etc).

So... what's the smart money buy?
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2007, 10:50 AM
    For my $$ I would get the LA120 John Deere.
    wmw38 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2007, 07:52 AM
    FYI, I went with a Craftsman DYS 4500. 42", 24hp twin B&S, 6-speed, normally runs $1800, got it on sale for $1500. The lowest I could find a comparable Deere LA120 was $1850 (21hp but a Hydrostatic).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Troybuilt Lawn Tractor [ 6 Answers ]

Mower Runs Fine, Just When I Engage Blades, Will Run For A Min And Then It Will Disengage Blades, What Is The Problem

Lawn tractor [ 2 Answers ]

I Have A Sears Tractor With A 12HP Briggs Motor the Discharge Light is on Battery is Full Charged and when it is running I have 13.6 volts into the battery if it sits it will not start

Used Lawn Tractor Price [ 1 Answers ]

How much is a John Deere LX277 Lawn Tractor with a 42" mulching deck in excellent condition worth?

Lawn Tractor Disengaged [ 1 Answers ]

Troy built lawn tractor starts and runs fine, but doesn't engage the drive or the blades after I took the deck off. Any suggestions. To clarify, the motor is not turning the pulleys to move the belt to turn the blades. Also the motor doesn't turn the wheels to move the lawn mover. Something...

View more questions Search