Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    suzy0065 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2007, 09:05 AM
    Protecting oneself
    My boyfriend is separated now from his ex of 21 years and has his name on a deed for the house. She want to be put on the deed but has debts. Should he consult a lawyer about this and have the proper papers drawn up. Any lawyer suggestions?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 5, 2007, 10:54 AM
    He has to consult a lawyer in any event, just to have someone else put on the deed, but why is she asking for this now if she moved out, and if she has debt it is a bad idea. He is the one who has been living there and paying the mortgage, isn't that right? So why would he even consider this?

This sounds really wishy washy to me.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2007, 11:29 AM
    Hello suzy:

Her bad debts could be visited upon your b/f if they become partners in the house. There are other ways her interest can be protected. She and your b/f should see a lawyer - a DIFFERENT lawyer.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Protecting an invention? [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone advise me please? I have an over-active, caffeine-driven mind! LOL, and frequently come-up with ideas. Often these come to nothing, but some of my ideas might be worth pursuing. However: I cannot afford the cost of patenting, and I am concerned about divuldging my ideas to...

Protecting against uncollectible accounts [ 6 Answers ]

What is the best way for businesses to protect against uncollectible accounts?

It takes real courage to catch oneself in being a brat [ 20 Answers ]

I was re-reading some articles in one “O” magazine this morning and one of the many articles was about how old are you emotionally and this statement stood out “... it takes courage to catch yourself in the act of being a brat... ” Yeah, your parents told you that your day of birth is on this...

Feeling Sorry For Oneself [ 6 Answers ]

How do you separate feeling sorry for yourself and true feelings of hurt?

Am I protecting myself... [ 16 Answers ]

So OK - a while back I posted a thread telling you about how I cried tears of happiness for the first time and how I was falling in love with Pete. I had began opening up to Pete and opening my heart up - but now I feel really vulnerable and feel uncomfortable exposing myself - but I don't...

View more questions Search