Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ravishingruby Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2007, 09:03 AM
    What is hunter/hurler syndrome
    After a recent allergy testing,I noticed on my copy of the checkout sheet the dx was hunter/hurler syndrome code 477.9. at my subsequent visit with the dr, it wasn't mentioned and I had not noticed it on the form at that time. Hs dx was chronic maxillary sinusitis. I wld just like to know what the hunter/hurler syndrome is.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 5, 2007, 09:16 AM
    I would like to help you better than just providing you links to websites, however I am over 650 miles from home at the moment and I did not bring my textbooks with me, so websites are the best I can do at the moment.

Please see the following

The Canadian MPS Society - History of MPS Diseases
    Hunter Syndrome
    Hurler's syndrome (www.whonamedit.com)
    ELAPRASE.com | Hunter Patients Community

I hope these help you. If not, let me know and I'll see if I can find more. I tried to find some that speak in layman's terms rather than confusing medical jargon.
    harilde Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2007, 06:42 AM
    Hunter-Hurler syndrome, which is an inborn error of metabolism, have excessive deposition of acid mucopolysaccharides (AMPS) in various organs, and large amounts of chondroitin sulphate B and/or heparitin sulphate are produced in the urine.

Hope this information helps...

Take care

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Degeorge Syndrome [ 30 Answers ]

My daughter has partial degeorge syndrome she now 13. This I know is rare. If anyone has a child who has it I would love to hear from them.

Tourette's Syndrome [ 2 Answers ]

My father and I have Tourette's so I can only assume it's a genetic thing. The only good thing about it our syndrome is that it's not anything violent. Just a series of annoying tics and gestures and whatnot. Whether it be blinking, moving my ears, expanding my nostrils, raising my eyebrows, it...

De George Syndrome [ 11 Answers ]

I am a psychotherapist who has a patient who has been diagnosed with "De George Syndrome". I am looking for information concerning the symptoms and the management as well as prognosis of the syndrome.

Carcinoid syndrome [ 2 Answers ]

Sir what is Carcinoid syndrome , what are the symptoms , cause and relief

Dirty sock syndrome [ 3 Answers ]

My house is new construction... could I be getting dirty sock syndrome... if so are the uv lights the way to go... smell is mostly concentrated where the return vent is

View more questions Search