Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gqscientist Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2007, 06:59 AM
    Hmpton Fan/Light - Light turning off like its on timer
    Covington 54 with Thermo and remote

Love the fan but light turns off in 3 minutes like it is timer/delay mode (which it is not). I put in delay mode and it shuts off in 3 minutes also. Can this be an install issue? When the light shuts off, the remote shows the light still on. Then when the light goes off, the fan stops too.

Am I an idiot and missing something?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 5, 2007, 07:32 AM
    Tell me how you wired your delay mode and what did you want it to do. I suspect this is your problem, I'd remove it to test this theory.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2007, 12:04 PM
    Try switching the frequency of the fan and remote. It could be something else interfering, or it could be a problem with the remote program.

Ceiling fan remote controls - help and FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fan remote control coverting to light/fan dimmer [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently remodeling my home and am coming across a major problem that NO ONE seems to have an answer for. I have two ceiling fans that operate via remote control. The rest of the ones in my home are the popular "pull down" chains - and those work prefectly with the new fan/light dimmers...

Replacing light/fan with light/fan/heater [ 1 Answers ]

Is is possible? Right now we just have a light and a fan. I was wonder if I could put a heater in there as well.

Changed from fan to light fixture and now light will not shut off [ 1 Answers ]

Today I tried to replace a ceiling fan to a light fixture. I connected the black to black white to white and copper to ground. I have a red wire that I don't know what goes to. The light now will not turn off. Should the red wire be connected to something?

Fan works but light doesn't. Fixed and now the light works but fan doesn't [ 9 Answers ]

While I was at college somehow my fan stopped working. There is absolutely no explination from anybody but my mom did get a replacement so I didn't care too much. The fan has a ground from the mount(copper), ground from the middle of the fan(copper), a hot for the light(blue), hot for the...

Bathroom fan/light: light works, fan doesn't [ 3 Answers ]

I'm back with more "finishing basement" questions. This weekend, I wired my bathroom. This is 20 amp service with 12 ga wire. For the bath fan/light, the power source came into the switch box (1 box, 2 switches) on a 12/2 wire. From there, power goes up to the light/fan on a 12/3 wire. Red goes...

View more questions Search