Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    checkman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2007, 06:53 PM
    What is the best way to cut corian countertops?
    I am just learning how to work with Corian countertops and I would like to know exactly what I should be doing since I don't have much room for error.
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Jun 4, 2007, 07:22 PM
    Corian Work Just Like Wood, Same Tools Are Used. If Your Making Joints Then A Skill Saw Can Be Used But You Need Clamps And A Straight Edge
    As Far As Making Joints I Know They Use A Special Glue And Clamps To Bond The Edges, And I Don't Know What That Is Exactly.
    If Your Not Doing That And Say You Have A Scrap Your Messing With Run In The Table Saw If Possible, You Can Also Route It With Regular Wood Carbide Bits. Good Luck
    heaphy Posts: 40, Reputation: 3

Sep 20, 2007, 03:52 PM
    Glavine is correct that woodworking tools are used with Corian. However, carbide blades and cutters should always be used. Get training before trying any complex Corian fabrication. You can learn a lot on my website:

Top Repair - Your Countertops Like New Again. DuPont Corian and Other Brands

- Jim Heaphy
    bobbybob23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2008, 09:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by checkman
    I am just learning how to work with Corian countertops and I would like to know exactly what I should be doing since I don't have much room for error.
    What is the best way to cut corian countertops?
    heaphy Posts: 40, Reputation: 3

May 7, 2008, 12:37 PM
    Your question isn't specific enough, bobbybob23. The best way to cut a Corian countertop in a residential kitchen would be different from the best way to cut it in a small custom fabrication shop. And that would be different from the best way to cut it in a large automated production shop. Are you a do-it-yourselfer or a pro? Are you making a straight cut, or a cutout for a sink or a cooktop. Cooktop cutouts have very exacting requirements. Ask a more detailed question and you will get a much better answer.
    tajc1205 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2010, 01:14 PM
    Comment on heaphy's post
    I am a do-it-yourselfer, making a straight cut to just trim off the edge so the rnage will fit better.
    johnnywhoops Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2010, 11:15 AM
    I'm a plumber with 14 yrs exp. I need to cut a corian countertop to unstall a new cooktop .I have to cut1/2 in on one side & a1/4 in on the other .what 's the best tool
    mohaviegreen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2013, 10:10 AM
    I've always made my rough cut with a table saw,with a carbide blade. I cut the my measurements to about a half inch over of what I need, because I will use a router to finish my edges. I use the scrap square edges for straight edges and guides for the router by using a hot glue gun to attach them. You can also use a jig saw, but always make a rough cut and finish with router

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Painting laminate countertops [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone have any advice on painting laminate countertops? The countertops in our kitchen are a yellowish color and at the present time, we can't afford new countertops. Is there a way to paint these to freshen these up? Thanks, Michael

Countertops, granite, corian [ 1 Answers ]

Looking for some wording to put on a resume for fabricating, installing, layout, etc for granite countertops

Cut her loose or cut her slackj [ 3 Answers ]

Dude, this sounds bad, but my friend is hott(not in a lesbo way), and she is friends with all the guys. But whenever she tries to help out a friend, they always endup liking her! It really ticks me off because all the guys love her and I really don't need her taking the only guy I got! She always...

Refinishing Corian countertops [ 0 Answers ]

Please advise me on technigue to buff out corian from years of use and occasional scrubbing marks from scour pads. No deep wounds to surface, just dull and scuffed.

Granite countertops [ 1 Answers ]

Where is the best place to go regarding price and installtion quality, for granite slab countertops? Thank you, KiKi

View more questions Search