Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jamie84 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2007, 03:30 PM
    I'm not sure if I have an urinary tract infection or std
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2007, 03:43 PM
    UTI, that can get in your blood stream and make you super ill... waste the money on this and not beer. You may have Herpes, cellutis, sphyliss<----spelling? It could be one of these. If you are strapped for cash try a health department.. do something . And for heavens sake use some protection it is way cheaper than getting a disease
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2007, 03:48 PM
    I understand about the no insurance but this is serious and not a waste of money. Forget the beer for a month or two and you got the bill paid. Depending on where you live, there may be a free clinic but even if there is not, get to the clinic or the ER.

The rest of it, you know you acted unwisely. Some lessons are hard to learn.

Get healthy and good luck.
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2007, 03:53 PM
    First I'm not a buddy ima budette and don't email me.. you leave a lot for assumption , Do yourself a favor and never trust anyone not even your ex. Also Google up, get a book or talk to the dr. everyone should learn about std's if they are going to have unprotected.:)peace
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2007, 03:57 PM
    Lol now be as persistent with your health. Good luck yes I judged you.. 1.YOu gave me that right when you asked a question... nothing is free. 2. I gave you the best medical advice that I know how... I'm not a nurse or doctor. Look up everything that I said about it being styp, herpes or cellutis go on a dermatology website and look at pics of what this looks like get a mirror and look at yourself. Also what I said about the infection getting in your blood I was serious it can be very dangerous. Get to the dr. regarding your last email... worry is good it brings change
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2007, 04:25 PM
    You left many things out in your post - the "unprotected sex". You did not say it was your former partner and you two get "checked all the time" as you so angrily posted in your email to me. Bushg told you and I told you to go to a doctor, a clinic, an ER and do it without worrying about the no insurance.

You asked about an STD. You said you had unprotected sex. One can only think that an STD was a distinct possibility. Then you say, in email, how you trusted this partner. So what is really your beef here?

Now if you do not go and get checked and this is an UTI, do you honestly think you can handle it without going to a doctor? Your own post says as much, " i am really scared and i want to go to the doctor but if its just a urinary tract infection i dont want to waste money because i dont have insurance". Having a UTI is no joke and needs medical attention.
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2007, 04:29 PM
    Yes, it can spread to the kidneys, if untreated.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2007, 04:31 PM
    Get it checked now or there will be more pain to come
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2007, 04:32 PM
    An infection can go to any part of the body and shut it down, nothing to play with given his symptoms and this happens more than one would think.
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2007, 04:35 PM
    Agrees with you, bushg. About five years ago a good friend of mine came down with a UTI. Neglected it, thought it was just cramps. She spent a month in the hospital with systemic poisoning.
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2007, 04:38 PM
    I've met people with less symptoms than his and end up with kidney failure, heart problems just depending on which organ the infection attacks. Happens all the time certain crap should not be played with when it comes to ones health... I have a son that has spent a many of day in children's hospital. So I learned a long time ago. Careful is the key with health issues.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 4, 2007, 05:11 PM
    Jamie, let me start by saying that it is IMPERATIVE that you go to the doctor. Only an antibiotic will clear up a UTI. Now a lower UTI would be a bladder infection, an upper UTI would be a kidney infection. In all honesty it sounds as though you have both an upper and lower UTI by the symptoms you explain.

Also, you should know, if you don't already, that beer will dehydrate you, which can lead to an infection of this kind.

I see that you are very defensive regarding the STDs, you should not be defensive but proactive in your sexual health. Some of these diseases are deadly and by having unprotected sex you are playing russian roulette.

Now, with all that said, whether it be an STD or a UTI you need to see the doctor. There is nothing over-the-counter that you can take to rid yourself of these illnesses.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 4, 2007, 06:11 PM
    You all did well Bushg, however, apparently Jamie does not want anyone else to answer as she has erased her post.
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2007, 06:16 PM
    Maybe jamie will at least see a doctor. Pronto
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2007, 06:25 PM
    Wanted to "ditto" J_9's agreement, bushg. Hopefully Jamie finds the answers and the treatment needed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Did my boyfriend get me a Urinary Tract Infection? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi guys.. well to start, I'm 15 years old. A few weeks ago I woke up and went to the bathroom and noticed I was urinating blood. I was freaking out so later that day I went to the doctors. They just said I had a simple bladder infection and gave me antibiotics. However, I guess I didn't make it...

Urinary Tract Infection? [ 3 Answers ]

I think I may have a UTI, but I am not sure. I don't feel any burning when I urinate or have a STRONG urge to go to the bathroom though. I've noticed that if I just move around I feel like I have to pee but not like a strong urge, just a little. It bothers me though. And yesturday I drank like a...

Urinary Problems [ 4 Answers ]

I just got a Newfoundland purebred puppy and the breeder told me up front that he has a urinary problem. He drinks constantly and pees almost immediately with no warning and continuously until its gone then he's immediately thirsty again, he drinks almost until vomiting. He's 7 weeks old. Is...

My endemetriosis and urinary tract infections [ 3 Answers ]

I have endemetriosis and I was diegniost with it now 7 years.ive been on depoprovera for about 4 years now and I was planning on going off it,my last injection was January,but was planning on taking it again cause I'm finding I'm getting bad urinary tract infections back and a lot of pain should I...

Urinary Tract Infection [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 15 year old boy and my doctor has diagnosed me with a bladder infection. He tried me on a 7 day course of 500mg Cefalexin antibiotics but they had no effect on the infection. Because of this, he ordered me to get an Kidney x-ray and a Cystoscopy. Both showed to be completely normal. I am not...

View more questions Search