Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    killcrazypirate91 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2007, 01:57 PM
    I have had very strange occurrences at my house!
    Well, I have lived in my fairly new house for about 2 years and very strange things happen... for instance, the volume on th TV changes constantly, one time I was in the basement by myself and heard heavy footsteps above me in the kitchen(and my cat is only six pounds so it could not have been her) and then five minutes later my family comes home, another time last year I was upstairs and laid a bag of candy outside the bathroom and when I came out it was ripped open and my dad was two floors below me and all I heard was the bag opening when I was in the bathroom-no footsteps, and I constantly see shadows and see shapes/figures in the TV reflection that aren't there when I turn around...
    Oh and also I hear footsteps advancing the stairs constantly when I am the only one home and I have heard a man coughing in the basement when the only ones in the house are girls... plus something is touching my back as I type! HELP!
    p.s. there is an vertical tunnel in my basement behind a cover in the wall that drops about 30 feet below my house and is fairly wide-wide enough for a human to fit in... do you think that could have anything to do with it? I need some answers!
    michealb Posts: 484, Reputation: 129

Jun 4, 2007, 02:05 PM
    I've never heard of a house with a tunnel like that. Any idea what it's for?
    Rina _4 Posts: 182, Reputation: 19

Jun 4, 2007, 02:34 PM
    That is strange, about the tunnel and I would also like to know what it's for.
    It could be that it's used for some sort of construction so people are in the tunnel and that's why you hear the foot steps and the coughing.

But you need to find out what the tunnel is for, it could be your answer.

Also, do you know any history about the house? Have you asked your neighbors if they know or heard anything strange about the house?

Please let us know.

Thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 4, 2007, 05:10 PM
    30 ft drop, >> old well, many old hang dug wells from 20 to 50 ft deep where water from the roof and ground water would be stored.

Or the other, old indoor outhouse

Depends on how old a home it is, a hiding place for supplies, if they were scared during the 50's of the communist threat, or for the 2000 year scare.

Older home, a place to hide run away slaves, or a place to store bootleg drink during the 20's. Also if it is deep, it would be cooler and a place to store veggibles, potatoes and more

Part of an old escate tunnel.

Jun 4, 2007, 06:19 PM
    Yeah I have no idea why that is there but a couple times the door has come off revealing a big gaping hole... it gives me the creeps.. but the thing is our house is only a few years old but the previous owner was apparently really shady and never went out... hmmm...
    michealb Posts: 484, Reputation: 129

Jun 4, 2007, 06:40 PM
    You sure he isn't still there crazy old guy hiding in a hole in the house sounds more likely than ghosts. You should have the hole checked out regardless it could be a source of radon or natural gas or some other gas emitted from the ground which could be a medical reason for skin crawling and the other systems you described.

Jun 4, 2007, 07:19 PM
    K my closet door just shut on its own, and is hard to close because of a lot of junk in the way... im out of here
    Rina _4 Posts: 182, Reputation: 19

Jun 5, 2007, 07:32 AM
    A door to the tunnel? Hmm that's strange, it's really interesting, I would love to see pictures of this weird house. I would definitely do some investigating, but don't move out just yet.

Keep updating us.

Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Could ghosts jump from house to house? [ 20 Answers ]

Hello, I am looking to purchase a lot and build a new house. I "googled" the name of the road where the lot is to and 10 web links came up for that road being one of the most haunted places in CT. It reads that there is a "white lady" that is in one of the houses on the road. She is not a mean...

I think my house is haunted! Very strange occurrences! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I think my house is haunted. Lots of things have happened in my house. To name a few: one night the shower came full on in my bathroom and know one had been near it. I came home one night and walked int the door and there was big thck drips of blood all around my house but it didn't go near...

Strange smell in & around house [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there! We live in an 83 yr. old Bungalow in Memphis, TN and there is this smell right when you come in the front door of the house. You can also smell it under the kitchen sink when you open the cabinet doors. Also, on one side of the house outside you get the odor too. It smells similar to...

~Is there a ghost in my house~ 2 many strange coincedences have happened! [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: OK... we've been in this new rent house for about 3 months now. It's a 3 bedroom - 1280 sq. ft. house. It's' on piers and overall is a cute clean house. My husband, two year old daughter, & I live there. Well, over the past 3 months... I have noticed the glass light bulb cover on the...

Strange problem effecting walls in one room in house [ 5 Answers ]

Hello: My daughter has a purple room. Ever since I painted it I noticed that if you hang a picture on the wall for any length of time and remove the picture, it looks as though something brown, like a soda ran down the wall right behind the picture. At first I thought it actually was a...

View more questions Search