Ask
    caroline johnston Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2007, 11:50 AM
    Starting a care agency
    How do I gain information on how to start a care agency
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2007, 12:34 PM
    Are you asking about care agency that recruits and employs care workers who assist elderly or disabled people in their own homes, helping them to remain independent?

If so, it would help to know where you live.

If you live in the U.S. you might find information on the following site to be helpful:

:: National Association for Home Care and Hospice ::

If you live in the U.K. there is some information on the following site that may be of help to you.

Starting up a domiciliary care agency?

A quote from that site:

"Care agencies are statutorily governed by the Commission for Social Care Inspection (CSCI) in England, the Care and Social Services Inspectorate Wales (CSSIW) and the Scottish Commission for the Regulation of Care (SCRC). In Northern Ireland, agencies are governed by local Health and Social Services Trusts. Agencies must be fully registered and inspected prior to offering an at-home care service."
    walnut63 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2010, 02:57 PM
    To start a home care agency, you need to get a license from your state, form a business, get new clients and staff, market your services , and obtain insurances for your business. SCORE provide good information on starting a home care agency. You should also consider a comprehensive start up guide to help you start. Visit http://www.medicalstaffingmanuals.com
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 4, 2010, 04:06 PM
    Thread is now old and archived.

Original poster has never returned to address anything on the thread.

Thread is now CLOSED.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Starting a Talent Agency [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking to start a model/talent agency in Indiana. How do I go about becoming a licensed talent agent. My office will be located in Indiana but my talent will secure most work in the Chicago land area. Please help me with any information you may have. 3 Sandra

Care values of care workers when communicating [ 1 Answers ]

health and social care help :confused: can someone tell me how to promote anti-discrimination to recognise cultural differences to acknowledge service users personal beliefs and identities r care values of care workers when communicating in their day-to-day tasks :confused:

Depende care claim from FSA for dependent care [ 1 Answers ]

Dear expert, I started to work in a company from last November. My FSA for dependent care was set up in Feburary( 3 months waiting period from company policy), may I claim the dependent care incurred in January? I worked full time in January in this company. Thank you.

Home care agency [ 1 Answers ]

I want to establish a home care agency here in WA. I want to know the step by step process and where to get necessary forms.

View more questions Search