Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cynthrog Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2007, 09:21 AM
    Hunter Ceiling Fan On/Off Pull String Out of socket
    The pull string for the on/off switch pulled out of the socket. Can the pull string be put back into the socket?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2007, 09:55 AM
    Yes, you can, on some. Easier to replace.
    If you do, remove from housing, Watch for spring wire, and parts. Probably less than 6 parts.
    Usually chain breaks, Remove broken piece, install good chain.
    If string, Resecure.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2007, 10:05 PM
    You have to replace the entire switch. See:

Ceiling fan pull chain replacement and repair - Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pull string on ceiling fan [ 2 Answers ]

Can the switch be chaged in a ceiling fan string came out of switch can I buy a new switch

HELP! Wiring a pull chain in a Hunter ceiling fan [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, my 81 year old mother's ceiling fan pull chain broke off inside the switch. I was careful when I changed the switches, only changing one color at a time. It didn't work, so I called my electrician brother-in-law who discombooberated the whole mess, told me the switch I got was bad and went on...

String stuck in ceiling fan? [ 5 Answers ]

My son's balloon got caught up in the ceiling fan. After the balloon was remove there is still some string left, but its too short to turn/twist to get out. I'm afraid if I turn it on it might break the fan or worst, the friction might start a spark. How do I get it out? Call an electrical or...

Ceiling Fan Pull String 3-speed Switch [ 1 Answers ]

What if someone by mistake wrongly connect the load on the switch (L) to one of the other wires (yellow, red, green)? Can this (cross wiring or mixing) cause (cross-wire) damage to the motor? Please help. I need this help urgently.

Ceiling Fan and String [ 1 Answers ]

My 2 year old threw a ball of string over the ceiling fan while I wasn't looking and it wrapped around the fan and caused it to come to a grinding halt. I am a newbie and would like to take the fan apart but don't know if there is an easy way to get the string out. Ceiling fan is a Hampton Bay. ...

View more questions Search