Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lucas Ammons Posts: 85, Reputation: 5

Jun 4, 2007, 09:11 AM
    The Cross, The Cresent, The Star Of David
    These three religions are very similar, in that they worship the same god. They all may have different ways of worshiping the same higher being, but they all agree that is something beyond human understanding that governs life.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2007, 10:42 PM
    Do they all accept Jesus Christ as the Son of GOD, their Lord and Savior, that died on the cross and after three days arose? From that aspect, they are very different indeed. Not even slightly the same.
    carbonite Posts: 47, Reputation: 8

Jun 19, 2007, 04:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by magprob
    Do they all accept Jesus Christ as the Son of GOD, their Lord and Savior, that died on the cross and after three days arose? From that aspect, they are very different indeed. Not even slightly the same.
    Not all Christian sects believe that Jesus was God but believe the way that Islam does that he was a Prophet of the one true God.
    Marily Posts: 457, Reputation: 51

Jun 19, 2007, 05:29 AM
    I don't know of any christian that won't declare thd Jesus is not God
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 19, 2007, 05:49 AM
    Yes as noted, there are some Christian denominations that do not view that there is a Trinity, but all view Jesus as the Son of God, and that his is the way to salvation.

This is where Christianity differes from all others. Also to many Christians, no Muslims do not worship the same god, on rough views it may appear so, but many feel that it is really the moon god that is being worshiped, I have read several good books on the subject.

Even comparing Muslisms to the Jewish faith, they do not follow the same teachings that christians call Old Testement, in that they put their leaders in the important roles for this going back to Abraham, plus Muslims do not view Adam as having done any serious sins.

It is amazing that the Muslims do show Christ as being sinless and born of a virgin, while their own leader was a sinner,

But no they are not even close to being the same, and no in most view points they don't even worship the same god.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2007, 12:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Ammons
    These three religions are very simular, in that they worship the same god. They all may have different ways of worshiping the same higher being, but they all agree that is something beyond human understanding that governs life.
    Some verses from the Quran regarding Prophets and messengers...
    Muslims follow the Quran and hence consider all the messengers to be sent from One Lord.
    And yes muslims do believe that there is One and Only God and that He is the Creator and the Lord of the Worlds.

[Quran chapter 2 verse 136]
    "Say (O Muslims): We believe in Allah and that which is revealed to us and that which was revealed to Abraham, and Ishmael, and Isaac, and Jacob, and the tribes, and that which Moses and Jesus received, and that which the prophets received from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and to Him we have surrendered. "

Quran chapter 004 verse 163
    " We have sent thee inspiration, as We sent it to Noah and the Messengers after him: we sent inspiration to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob and the Tribes, to Jesus, Job, Jonah, Aaron, and solomon, and to David We gave the Psalms."

Quran chapter 006 verse 084
    " We gave him Isaac and Jacob: all (three) guided: and before him, We guided Noah, and among his progeny, David, Solomon, Job, Joseph, Moses, and Aaron: thus do We reward those who do good:"

Information for your reference... :) :) :) :)
    cauchy Posts: 16, Reputation: 3

Jul 30, 2007, 12:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Ammons
    These three religions are very simular, in that they worship the same god. They all may have different ways of worshiping the same higher being, but they all agree that is something beyond human understanding that governs life.
    Of course we all worship the same God.
    All we, who are monotheists, believe in one God
    Cast aside your differences
    We all believe in the same ideals,
    That is selflessness, charity,
    Rejection of materialism,
    Rejection of inequality.

We must become united, under the One God who we all worship
    We must not allow ourselves to remain divided

We must find peace with each other,
    For if we do not, it will become the end of our human race.

Our bickering over petty differences makes us weak
    Weak to satan, who would hope that we all kill ourselves in nuclear holocaust.

Any one who would claim that he knows the answere is but a fool,
    For we are mortal, and we know not the mind of God

But there are some basic things, even our mear mortal minds can grasp
    And that is that the most important thing in our lives is to find peace

To find peace with our neighboors,
    To lay down our weapons and reach out to the poor and the starving masses

To give charity to all,
    Not to try to convert them
    Or make them believe what we do

But to heal their wounds,
    And to feed their souls with love and forgivness.

We must forget our differences
    Or satan wins over us all

Jul 30, 2007, 04:25 PM
    Dude, you should became a preacher or politicion you could help change the world. Cauchy here's my e-mail: ljataav@hotmail,com
    Marily Posts: 457, Reputation: 51

Aug 1, 2007, 01:18 AM
    Cauchy , but the bride of Christ does have the mind of Christ, the reason why all the religions can't unite together is because we don't believe the same thing. But then again the bible stated that my sheep knows my voice, a stranger will not follow, none our differences should not keep us from loving one another :)
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2007, 05:55 PM
    I think you may find you have made an assumption based on the three religions holding the Bible as sacred.

However, the Muslim God is not the same God as the Jewish God and certainly both Jews and Muslims deny Jesus Christ as God. Only Christians hold that the God of the Old Testament is the same as Jesus Christ, God in the Flesh.

Aug 4, 2007, 03:41 PM
    Jesus was a prophet of God not God in the flesh. That is where many Christians and Islam go their separate ways. As I said before some Christians believe the way Islam does that Jesus was a prophet.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2007, 03:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by carbonite
    Jesus was a prophet of God not God in the flesh. That is where many Christians and Islam go their seperate ways. As I said before some Christians believe the way Islam does that Jesus was a prophet.
    Could you elaborate on this point, like which christians believe this?
    Just asking for information only to know and understand as a muslim we believe the whole universe was created by Only One God and that all the messengers and prophets were sent by One God (i.e. to say we muslims believe Abraham,Noah,Moses,Jesus,Muhammad peace be upon them all were sent by One and Only God).

Thanks in advance!
    Dreamer10 Posts: 28, Reputation: 4

Aug 4, 2007, 04:07 PM
    I am Christian and I do not believe that God is Jesus. I believe God sent Jesus. Most Christian now a days also agree that Jesus is a man.
    I believe it is more inspirational this way. Also, I don't believe God would have sexual intercourse with Mary. She belonged to Joseph. God is not a "man". He is nor female or male.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 4, 2007, 04:26 PM
    I am sorry one can not be a Christian really and not believe Mary was a Virgin, it is specific in the bible, not a matter of question, even the Muslim believe Mary was a virgin, since it is in their writing also.

So if you don't beleve Mary was a virgin, then you are not a christian , period... and it was not God having sex, it was God declaring her to have a child. He created the world, he can create a child without sex.

So no dreamer you are not a christian, you may accept some christian beliefs, but unless you accept the bible you are not a christian.

Aug 4, 2007, 04:33 PM
    I also agree with this post, in the fact that the three major religions, Judaism, Christianity and Islam are very similar. All three believe in Adam and Eve, David, Goliath, Angel of Death, Moses, Jonah, John, Isaac, Daniel, Mariam, Abraham and so on and on and on, etc. The similarities are vast when you look into it. Of course there are some differences, but the basic ten commandments that help us stay well natured (if followed) are the same. The trouble is a lot of people do not follow them…and social environments play a big part in how religions are interpreted. I guess that's why there are different sects of Christianity or Islam or Judaism.

Aug 4, 2007, 04:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    I am sorry one can not be a Christian really and not beleive Mary was a Virgin, it is specific in the bible, not a matter of question, even the Muslim beleive Mary was a virgin, since it is in thier writing also.

So if you don't beleve Mary was a virgin, then you are not a christian , period....... and it was not God having sex, it was God declaring her to have a child. He created the world, he can create a child without sex.

So no dreamer you are not a christian, you may accept some christian beliefs, but unless you accept the bible you are not a christian.

Fr_Chuck I also believe that Mary was a Virgin, I just don't believe that God had sexual intercourse with her. He created a miracle, but it doesn't mean that he injected sperm into her. That's all :) so we both think Mary was a Virgin.

Do not tell me I am not Christian. You are not God to tell me this... You know, once upon a time I think there were people shouting at blacks and saying that they were not Christian due to their skin color. So please be more open-minded.

Aug 4, 2007, 04:48 PM
    Friar, I also notice that you try very hard to make sure no one thinks that Muslims are like Jews/Christians... but you know Muslims believe that Jesus is the Messiah like Christians... why did you not mention this?
    By declaring that they probably worship a Moon God... you have shown your true colors. You are talking about some theory, just as it is theory that Christians borrowed Jesus from Pagan Gods... would you like it if everyone said "No, Christians believe some planet was God because they are Pagans". This is the logic you have provided with the Muslim religion by trying to make people think they worship the moon... but now I have exposed what you are manipulatively doing (I hope it is not on purpose). Imagine if the tables were turned to create false beliefs about Christians... based on all those theories that Jesus was just a Pagan God or someone borrowed by idol worshiping religions? So shame on you.
    Shame on you for your propaganda. There is no Muslim on Earth today that has ever said "I worship a moon God".
    Friar... please do not try to separate people with such misleading claims. Oh, and Muslims do believe that Adam was a sinner too. Most Christians I know think it is all Eve's fault for eating the apple. :( But these differences shouldn't even be focused on... think about all the great things we have in common in the 3 major religions. Friar, there is nothing wrong with celebrating our wonderful similarities... it is wrong to try and get people to think that Muslims are Moon worshipers... just as it would be wrong to make people think that Christians worship the God of Witches or Pagan Religions.

I also noticed that you say it's fascinating that Muslims believe in Jesus as someone without sin... and then you add cleverly "especially because their own Prophet was a sinner". Again I will show how you are being manipulative. Notice that you do not mention that Christians also believe that Jesus is the only one without sin in the holy males mentioned in the bible... so why can't Muslims believe the same thing?

You just wanted to get into people's heads "the Muslim's leader was a sinner" as another attempt to sneakingly be negative towards the group. I hope you have not done these things on purpose Friar. You know yourself that many (or all?) prophets had sinned.

Aug 5, 2007, 12:50 AM
    It also states in the Holy Quor'an that Mary was a virgin. So yes the followers of Islam believe that as well as Christians.

Aug 5, 2007, 07:50 PM
    I have some respect for other cultures Fr. Chuck, I am chirstian and I have muslim friends. Including a pretty young lady, god/allah molded a fine piece of living artwork.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2007, 08:41 PM
    Islam does deny Jesus, it relegates him to being a Prophet of lesser status than Mudhatmad. Show me the miracles Mudhutmad did, You cannot, show me where the Koran says Mudhutmad is coming again you cannot, and yet Muslims believe Jesus will come again. How confused can you be? Jesus proclaimed himself to be God, not once but many times and yet you don't believe in him. Don't tell me the Islamic God is the same as the Christian God. It is an untruth, a deception. Be honest about your belief

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

David Bach? [ 1 Answers ]

Has any one heard of David Bach? He is the guy that tells you to save $10 a day and put it in a retirement account. I was watching a special about him on pbs and his theories make sense but I was just curious if anyone has tried his ideas or bought any of his books. Thanks

David [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2000 dodge ram 1500 van and the heater blows out cold air only---along with this the engine revs up very high at idle. I feel these 2 problems are connected. Any advice as to what to check first

Jason vs. David [ 5 Answers ]

When he left I cried for months.. and I still cry and I have a boyfriend and he knows how I feel about jason because he was his friend and in the summer jason told me "I dont love you, anymore" and when I asked him recently he denies it and he sounded so.. serious and he knows that's my worst fear...

Cousin David [ 3 Answers ]

Something my dad was telling me the other day made me think of this. I had a favorite cousin named David wood Jr. He wasn't my blood cousin but that did not matter to me. In 1998 David committed suicide. Everyone was torn up by this. My dad told me there were things going on in his family that we...

View more questions Search