Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carbonite Posts: 47, Reputation: 8

Aug 6, 2007, 11:53 PM
    That one is easy Jesus is a prophet of the one true God.
    Dreamer10 Posts: 28, Reputation: 4

Aug 7, 2007, 02:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Marily
    You got angry at me for nothing and now you are trying to put the blame on me, that wont work. It has come to a point that your comments have no value to me. If i were you i would have pray for revelation on who Christ is . Oh and please dont PM me again.
    No you are upset because you have been exposed for being manipulative. You're also upset because you realize that you are not God to tell someone else "You are not Christian". I will continue to pray for you, and like I said again, I forgive you.
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Aug 12, 2007, 02:44 AM
    Marily, if he says he believes in jesus christ and that he believes that jesus christ died for our sins, and he calls himself a christian, and he consciously chooses to follow christ, then he is christian.
    It is wrong to place doubt on what a person says they believe in. it is wrong to say "im a true christian, and you are not"
    Only god can judge that, and I obviously do not pray to you.
    Now both of you should pray, forgive, and forget.
    Marily Posts: 457, Reputation: 51

Aug 12, 2007, 04:53 AM
    Actually cal there was a misunderstanding between me and dreamer10 , we already made peace and forgave each other, we are friends now :)

Aug 12, 2007, 08:00 PM
    That's good Marily It's a lot better for folks to get along than be cussing at one another.

Stay in peace
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2007, 08:32 PM
    So carbonite according to your answer Muslims believe Jesus is God.

Lokk for the Muslim God and the Christian God to be the same God would need to be schitzophrenic
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 12, 2007, 08:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete
    So carbonite according to your answer Muslims believe Jesus is God.

Lokk for the Muslim God and the Christian God to be the same God would need to be schitzophrenic
    Perhaps you misread
    That one is easy Jesus is a prophet of the one true God.
    This is what I read.

Aug 12, 2007, 09:28 PM
    Yup that's what I said Talaniman. Don't see how that could be taken any other way.
    And to look at it the Christian way to me would be schitzophrenic.

Aug 12, 2007, 10:15 PM
    Maybe each of you should explain why and what you think that posts means to you, so we can understand why you have your opinion of that comment?
    And the muslim god seems to be quite different than the christian one,
    Though the christian god in old testament was wrathful and strict, while in the new testament was more loving and forgiving. But I reckon that's just because the old testament people needed different handling than the new testament people ie: ot people seemed to be more impressed by power and authority, while nowadays we have hippies and people who believe in goodness over law.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 14, 2007, 10:07 AM
    Seems to me people put so much on the things that make them different, that they look over the things they have in common. Its almost as if they want to be superior, or they want a reason to say someone else is wrong, so they can be right. That's human, and has nothing to do with God, or how we should follow him.

Aug 14, 2007, 11:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cal823
    maybe each of you should explain why and what you think that posts means to you, so we can understand why you have your opinion of that comment?
    and the muslim god seems to be quite different than the christian one,
    though the christian god in old testament was wrathful and strict, while in the new testament was more loving and forgiving. but i reckon thats just because the old testament people needed different handling than the new testament people ie: ot people seemed to be more impressed by power and authority, while nowadays we have hippies and people who believe in goodness over law.
    Maybe I missed something as or are you saying that the God in the Old Testament is not the same as the one in the New Testament?

I have said that the Old Testament,New Testament and Qur'an are all written about Allah (God). I don't see that he has changed in any of the books. God shows punishment and mercy in all three books.
    Dreamer10 Posts: 28, Reputation: 4

Aug 14, 2007, 01:24 PM
    No Cal, the “worship” of God could be different, or the interpretation of God could be different, but it is the same concept of "one God" that brought Abraham, Noah, Adam and Eve, and so forth, this is all the same in the there monolithic religions that all came from the same root. In the most important points, it's all the same (in the sense that we should not cheat our neighbor, people should not lie to one another, do not commit adultery, no gossip, no gluttony…)

Otherwise, are you saying that Catholic people and Protestants worship different Gods? No, they worship the same God, and they are both Christian, but they worship him differently and interpret him differently. Also, even though Jews have many many many different beliefs than I do as a Christian, I still can see that they are worshiping the same God as me BUT they are choosing to show worship in him differently.

Oh, and Marily and I are friends. :)

Aug 14, 2007, 04:33 PM
    I'm not saying that he's different, I'm saying that the focus changes from physical war (such as the conquering of the promised land in joshua) and stuff like that, too spiritual war, and peace in the new testament.
    workerbee Posts: 104, Reputation: 7

Jan 22, 2008, 04:12 PM
    You are all wrong First off there is no God, Jesus was just a man. As far a virgin birth, no never happened. The are many recorded vigin births before jesus, like Budda. Zeroaster,etc These people went on to do many wonderous things like raising the dead. Turning water into wine. Sound familiar? They are all just myths. Jesus never preformed any miracles. As I wrote in another thread prayer does not work at all. The AHJ decided to answer this question once and for all. The medical research showed that prayer does not work The study was 3 years, 1800 heart patients, 2.4 miilion dollars

workerbee

Jan 22, 2008, 04:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by workerbee
    You are all wrong First off there is no God, Jesus was just a man. As far a virgin birth, no never happened. The are many recorded vigin births before jesus, like Budda. zeroaster,etc These people went on to do many wonderous things like raising the dead. turning water into wine. Sound familar? They are all just myths. Jesus never preformed any miracles. As i wrote in another thread prayer does not work at all. the AHJ decided to answer this question once and for all. The medical research showed that prayer does not work The study was 3 years, 1800 heart patients, 2.4 miilion dollars

workerbee
    Maybe you should look up when some folks tried to prove there is no soul. The findings surprised them.

Jan 23, 2008, 08:10 AM
    Carbonite, If you mean that you cannot prove there is no soul I would say that you cannot prove that there is a soul. You look at the evidence like prayer and from the research you know that prayer does not work. Jesus never preformed miracles, some were added later like the star of Bethelehem which was added to fulfill the old testament
    Prophecies, it never happened. I can go into more detail if you want. Finally, it does not matter to me what you believe. I prefer reality.

workerbee

Jan 25, 2008, 05:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by workerbee
    Carbonite, If you mean that you cannot prove there is no soul I would say that you cannot prove that there is a soul. You look at the evidence like prayer and from the research you know that prayer does not work. Jesus never preformed miracles, some were added later like the star of Bethelehem which was added to fufill the old testament
    prophecies, it never happened. I can go into more detail if you want. Finally, it does not matter to me what you believe. I prefer reality.

workerbee
    You may believe as you wish.

I was just pointing out these folks tried to prove there was no soul and proved the that there was.

Jan 25, 2008, 06:34 AM
    Give me a link I'd lik to read it.

workerbee
    Ibelievetruth Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2010, 02:55 AM
    Quote from firmbeliever

"It is not right to say Islam "denies" Jesus (alaihi salaam), we believe in the fact that he was sent by God as His messenger and we also believe Jesus (alaihi salaam) will descend at the end of times and establish justice on earth during his time.
    We believe in the miracle birth of Jesus and that Mary was a virgin."

But how can a relegion, believe in a virgin birth and not put the result of that birth above anything else. Why is redeculing Jesus not seen as insulting as rediculing Mohammed? Jesus is mocked all the time and no Muslim ever seeks punishment on nthose who do the mocking - when when Mohammed is mocked or seen to be mocked there is an uproar. The old testament foretells many things including the Messiah. These things happen in the New Testament, and the Messiah proclaims that He is the son of God. Why would anyone deny that who believes in God? Christ was blessed and blessed others, by healing, loving them, then and now. How is this Christ not the one spoken of by the prophet Isaiah?

Isaiah 53
    1 Who has believed our report?
    And to whom has the arm of the LORD been revealed?
    2 For He shall grow up before Him as a tender plant,
    And as a root out of dry ground.
    He has no form or comeliness;
    And when we see Him,
    There is no beauty that we should desire Him.
    3 He is despised and rejected by men,
    A Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief.
    And we hid, as it were, our faces from Him;
    He was despised, and we did not esteem Him.
    4 Surely He has borne our griefs
    And carried our sorrows;
    Yet we esteemed Him stricken,
    Smitten by God, and afflicted.
    5 But He was wounded for our transgressions,
    He was bruised for our iniquities;
    The chastisement for our peace was upon Him,
    And by His stripes we are healed.
    6 All we like sheep have gone astray;
    We have turned, every one, to his own way;
    And the LORD has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.
    7 He was oppressed and He was afflicted,
    Yet He opened not His mouth;
    He was led as a lamb to the slaughter,
    And as a sheep before its shearers is silent,
    So He opened not His mouth.
    8 He was taken from prison and from judgment,
    And who will declare His generation?
    For He was cut off from the land of the living;
    For the transgressions of My people He was stricken.
    9 And they[a] made His grave with the wicked—
    But with the rich at His death,
    Because He had done no violence,
    Nor was any deceit in His mouth.
    10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise Him;
    He has put Him to grief.
    When You make His soul an offering for sin,
    He shall see His seed, He shall prolong His days,
    And the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in His hand.
    11 He shall see the labor of His soul,[b]and be satisfied.
    By His knowledge My righteous Servant shall justify many,
    For He shall bear their iniquities.
    12 Therefore I will divide Him a portion with the great,
    And He shall divide the spoil with the strong,
    Because He poured out His soul unto death,
    And He was numbered with the transgressors,
    And He bore the sin of many,
    And made intercession for the transgressors.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

David Bach? [ 1 Answers ]

Has any one heard of David Bach? He is the guy that tells you to save $10 a day and put it in a retirement account. I was watching a special about him on pbs and his theories make sense but I was just curious if anyone has tried his ideas or bought any of his books. Thanks

David [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2000 dodge ram 1500 van and the heater blows out cold air only---along with this the engine revs up very high at idle. I feel these 2 problems are connected. Any advice as to what to check first

Jason vs. David [ 5 Answers ]

When he left I cried for months.. and I still cry and I have a boyfriend and he knows how I feel about jason because he was his friend and in the summer jason told me "I dont love you, anymore" and when I asked him recently he denies it and he sounded so.. serious and he knows that's my worst fear...

Cousin David [ 3 Answers ]

Something my dad was telling me the other day made me think of this. I had a favorite cousin named David wood Jr. He wasn't my blood cousin but that did not matter to me. In 1998 David committed suicide. Everyone was torn up by this. My dad told me there were things going on in his family that we...

View more questions Search