Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    khamoshi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2005, 12:28 PM
    How can I get F1 visa
    Hi,
    I am Tanveer from Pakistan. I have completed bachelor of engg degree and got admission in wichita state university in Kansas. I want to ask that what are the major guide lines to be successful for F1 visa and some precautions (if any).

Furthermore I applied in only one university (Wichita) and got admission and didn't apply in any other university. I have heard that visa officer may ask that in which universities have you applied, so is it helpful to apply in more than one university?

Secondly, I have exactly the required amount of one year expenses to show to visa officer, is it fine or do I need to add some more in it?

What are any financial documents other than bank statements that may be helpful for visa (like property etc)?

I'll get my I-20 within 2 weeks, when should I apply for visa or what date should I decide for interview (I have heard that very few visas are being given in the months of June,July and August. Is it true?

I'll really appreciate any suggestion and reply regarding my case

Thank you
    Tanveer
    lamoonia Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2008, 12:49 PM
    I applied for F-1 and was rejected so I learned a few lessons.

The officer is usually interested in answering three concerns: (1) How serious are you in studies, (2) Can you pay for your studies and (3) Are you an immigrant.

I'm afraid you will fail on the first part because you only applied to one university. You must prove you have done good research. On the second concern, it is helpful if you stick to what is written in I-20 form and not confuse the consular by showing extra money. Also, make sure you don't show any support from USA because it will be considered an intention to immigrate.

Ask your American sponsor to send you money to Pakistan, if he's serious in helping you. Also, it is better not to show a statement where you get money transfers coming in just before you apply for visa because it will again give wrong impression!

On the third part, don't show any relatives in USA. You must have a good job at home or an offer, at least and yes, showing any property in your name is helpful, too.

Pay a visit to EducationUSA office nearest to you and do all research and preparation before getting rejected because you will lose a lot of money and second chance is possible but harder.

Have a good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

F1 to H1 Visa [ 1 Answers ]

Hi WHich tax form do u file my visa status changed from f1 to h1 on January 1, 2005 and I have been on the h1 this past year. Do I fill a 1040NR-ez or 1040-ez

H4 Visa Tax [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have been on H1B visa since June 2004. Before that I was on F1 visa from 2001 to 2004. I got married in May 2005 and my wife came to US on H4 visa in July 2005. She has not been working. I understand that I will have to apply with form W7 to get ITIN for my wife as she is not eligible for...

Federal Forms for a F1 Visa to H1 VISA [ 5 Answers ]

I understand many people are in the same boat and I am also in the Same boat as all. Let me present my case and have it clear understanding for all First I was on OPT status from 1st January 2004 to 13th Oct 2004. I changed my status from F1 -> H1B on 14th Oct 2004. Hence my status from 14th...

View more questions Search