Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DeNiro Posts: 49, Reputation: 2

Jun 4, 2007, 07:15 AM
    Lennon, Jagger and a plate of chips.
    I have heard that in the early 60's before either John Lennon or Mick Jagger became famous, the two were sat together in a café where Lennon was showing Jagger some of his songs he was working on at the time. Not having much money on him, Lennon sold Jagger one of these songs in return for a plate of chips! The song was later recorded by The Stones and gave them a hit single.
    Has anyone heard about this story or is it just one of those urban myths? If it is true does anyone know what the song was? Id like to think this really did happen...
    samg1965 Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Jun 5, 2007, 08:10 AM
    "I Want To Be Your Man" was written by Lennon/McCartney 1963 and given to The Stones
    But I could't find anything about trading for chips?? Here are some articles/interviews you might be interested in anyway...

I Wanna Be Your Man - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I Wanna Be Your Man by The Rolling Stones Songfacts

YouTube - John Lennon On the Rolling Stones

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Lennon-Jagger track sold
    samg1965 Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Jun 5, 2007, 08:32 AM
    Another reference to the song...

"TV Land: Myths and Legends" (2007) (mini) - Goofs

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chocolate chips [ 11 Answers ]

Does any one know of a way to keep chocolate chip candy from melting? Need to take it to a pot luck. There is no frig. Sunduster

Ladies, you can lose weight and look like Mick Jagger ! [ 15 Answers ]

Exqueeze me? I was looking someone up at smartpages.com and saw this ad. Pretty Scary! Ladies who weigh more than you wish: Is this an enticing ad to you? ... maybe I'm just too traditional...

Are there spy chips in your clothes? [ 6 Answers ]

Interesting that Levi Strass has something to do with spychips. Use link: spychips.com - how RFID will compromise privacy, security, freedom

Jagger and richards [ 1 Answers ]

Why are jagger and richards called the "glimmer twins"/

View more questions Search