Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    punkgrrl420 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2007, 05:07 AM
    Depression and relationships and life
    I know this will sound shallow compared to some peoples posts here but I got to find some peace. I have suffered from depression for 20 yrs which is most of my life. Just recently I did a stupid thing and cheated on my boyfriend because I felt insecure and unloved. Now I have lost him, someone who really did care for me, someone who helped me and wanted me around. He says I need to fix my depression and maybe we can have a chance. I don't think I can be fixed and I don't want to live my life this way anymore (as I have been for 20yrs now). I don't see another way out, I just want to die.

:(
    Ladyviper Posts: 221, Reputation: 36

Jun 4, 2007, 05:38 AM
    You don't want to die, you are just saying that because you feel there is no other way to deal with all your overwhelming feelings right now. Remember that you are in charge of your own life, and the choices you make (good or bad) will have a direct impact on you. You can stop letting depression run your life, and tak control again. For many of us, the way we have always been ends up being a scapegoat for anything we do. We always tend to make excuses for ourselves using our personality or physical defects as our scapegoat.

You can take control of your life again, but only you can do it. You need to seek out a therapist, and start making changes. You may never be 100% better, but I know when you start feeling well again it will reflect into all aspects of your life. You need to be optimistic, and not let depression stop you from being the person you want to be.

In addition to thereapy, you will need to rid yourself of the things that make you feel bad. Surround yourself with people and things that make you feel good or remind you of who your really are. Don't stop working because it is difficult, know that you can beat it and you can feel whole again. It will take work and a complete change of mindset, and some times of feeling vulnerable, but it will be well worth it in the end. You are in control, you have the power to change, and you are worth living for!

Read this article, maybe it will help inspire your change.
    Not Again - It's Time To Get Over Depression
    leilaa111 Posts: 65, Reputation: 5

Jun 4, 2007, 05:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by punkgrrl420
    I know this will sound shallow compared to some peoples posts here but I gotta find some peace. I have suffered from depression for 20 yrs which is most of my life. Just recently I did a stupid thing and cheated on my boyfriend because I felt insecure and unloved. Now I have lost him, someone who really did care for me, someone who helped me and wanted me around. He says I need to fix my depression and maybe we can have a chance. I dont think I can be fixed and I dont want to live my life this way anymore (as I have been for 20yrs now). I dont see another way out, I just want to die.

:(
    Don't say that you got me upset no one really wants die life is beautifull it's the way you live it hun if you love this person you will change for him he has done noting but love you don't u think he deserves to be happy with you every body can be fixed if they want 2 hun if your willing 2 give it ago it will change I was like you depression and then I made a stop 2 it I was not going 2 let it stand in my way of happpiness look at me now I'm happy healthy and being loved why can't you change you can try for him at least hun

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Life in heaven or life on earth? [ 21 Answers ]

Given a choice of living forever in perfect health on a paradise earth or living forever in heaven as a spirit, which would you choose?

Relationships [ 3 Answers ]

Well.. I'm really confused. I've been with this guy for a 3 years now.. Since high school.. And I really love him.. We have a sexual relationship but in recent months we haven't had sex.. I didn't notice how long it had been until my boyfriend pin pointed it out to me. I love him so dearly.. ...

Relationships [ 4 Answers ]

Can't seem to keep a man. No problem getting them--just keeping them. They generally fly off after 4-6 months

Relationships [ 5 Answers ]

There was this guy I was going out with and we broke up back in march! We went out for about 3months. I'm not the type of person to dwelll on someone but I don't know there was definitely something about this person and I can't put my finger on it... I don't know what to do were not friends...

Relationships [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Advice, I do not know what to do. See I had this boyfriend last year. And well we broke up over the summer and here it is in May and I still miss him. I know people says it takes time. But, how am I supposed to feel when I see his with these other girls. Sure I have dated other people...

View more questions Search