Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cito Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2005, 08:00 AM
    Tiolet flange problem
    I have a problem with my tiolet flange or pipe, my tiolet was rocking back and forth. I removed the tiolet to replace the flange and everything came up at the same time. After inspecting the floor I noticed a semi flange, looks like a flange. After two trips to Home depot, I came back to see what type of material my pipe was made of. It is cast iron, and it seems the flange is part of the pipe or it does not have a flange? After looking for some wood that the flange could be screwd to, I found concrete, and made a hole next to the pipe and was able to see under the house. Iam stumped?? do I need to replace the L shaped pipe under the house, or is it two pieces that have meshed together over years?? > What to do :confused:
    Flickit Posts: 278, Reputation: 2

May 23, 2005, 10:02 AM
    Repost this to...
    Quote Originally Posted by cito
    I have a problem with my tiolet flange or pipe, my tiolet was rocking back and forth. I removed the tiolet to replace the flange and everthing came up at the same time. After inspecting the floor I noticed a semi flange, looks like a flange. After two trips to Home depot, I came back to see what type of material my pipe was made of. It is cast iron, and it seems the flange is part of the pipe or it does not have a flange?. After looking for some wood that the flange could be screwd to, I found concrete, and made a hole next to the pipe and was able to see under the house. Iam stumped??, do I need to replace the L shaped pipe under the house, or is it two pieces that have meshed together over years????> What to do :confused:
    ... the Plumbing forum and watch for one of the finest plumbing types in the business answers your questions. Other experts may also chime in.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tiolet tank adjustment [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a slow leak from the tiolet water basin into the bowl. I know that the water level line on the basin inlet is being exceeded to the point where the water in overflowing into the inlet tube. I don't know how to manipulate the float so that the basin doesn't fill up so high. It's a kohler...

Toilet Flange Problem [ 1 Answers ]

In my 1940's bathroom remodel the old toilet didn't even have a flange.After replacing the rotted floor around the toilet,I have my ceramic tile down and it's flush with the top of the cast iron pipe.My question is what type of flange to use.The cast iron only goes down 1 3/4" before it narrows and...

Toilet flange problem [ 4 Answers ]

I'm putting a new floor down and removed the toilet. The old flange was cracked to the point that it could not be saved. The problem is the flange was part of a pipe with a 5.5"OD and an ID of approx. 4.75". I'm having a problem trying to repipe a new flange. The old pipe was cast iron. If any one...

Loud noise after tiolet is flushed [ 2 Answers ]

After the toilet is flushed there seems to be extra noise going on in wall where the pipes are. It only happens in the one bathroom. The noise sounds like the water to refill the toilet is louder than normal. I'm not sure how else to explain it. This just started recently - Our house is only 4 yrs...

Toilet flange problem [ 6 Answers ]

I have two toilets that both have broken pvc flanges. I have tried to install one of the flange repair rings and the toilet won't seat properly with in on there. One toilet is currently not in use due to my inability to fix this problems thusfar. My question is, how difficult will it be for me to...

View more questions Search