Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paul smyser Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2007, 03:01 AM
    Chid visitation
    I have a child who is in protective service and my visits have been stopped because there mother has alleged that the child may not be mine... the cps worker has done this at my ex girlfriend urging... the question is that this chid has my name and I am listed on the birthcertificateas father... do you know what my rights are thank you paul
    Squiffy Posts: 499, Reputation: 84

Jun 4, 2007, 03:07 AM
    I think you are best off getting some proffessional legal advice as the law can really vary from one area to another. If their mother has claimed the child isn't yours, you need to get a paternity test done, a court can order one if she refuses. The fact you are listed on the birth certificate often doesn't mean a great deal, neither does the child having your name. If the mother is doing this just to cause trouvble it will end up looking bad on her. Best thing to do is get yourself a lawyer, and a paternity test and go through the courts if you need to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Visitation [ 3 Answers ]

I was divorced in 2001 an my ex wife got sole custody, an visitaion was limited to stay in the state of CT, I live In Philadelphia an my kids would like to come visit but she won't allow them they are older now an I would love to have them over to visit with me in my home.. they are 16,14,12.. can...

Say No To Visitation [ 1 Answers ]

How old does a child in Massachusetts have to be to decide he or she does not want to visit a parent who has joint legal visitation?

Visitation [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently in a custody battle with my x over my 13 year 3 mo. Old son. HIs father left him at my house almost 8 months ago. We have joint custody however I do not get child support nor have I ever. My son has only heard from his dad 4 or 5 times since he left him at my house in February. ...

Visitation [ 4 Answers ]

Me and my ex boyfriend (not married) have a three year old son and we went to court in June 2005 and he was granted every other weekend visitation. From July 2005 to September 2005 he did only 4 visitations out of 21 visitation if he would have continued intil April 2006 and I am taking him back...

View more questions Search