Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lou N Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2007, 08:39 PM
    Supplying a subpanel
    Hello all,

Is it permissible to supply a subpanel from another subpanel? I'm putting a sub in my garage, but someday I would like to build a stand alone garage/shop. I was wondering how to bring power to it: bigger main panel with room for third sub connection (already have basement and garge panels fed off main), separate line installed by power company, or sub to sub?

Thanks in advance,
    Lou
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2007, 02:39 AM
    You can do sub to sub, just everything needs to be size correctly to handle the loads. Any other method will be up to you and the existing circumstances.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Garage subpanel [ 5 Answers ]

I've done lots searching, and gotten some good info, but would like some specific help on my situation. I would like to run a subpanel to my attached garage. The subpanel would be a ~40' run from my main panel. From this subpanel, I'd like to power: About 10-15 120v outlets in the garage...

MLO subpanel? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I just posted this as a reply in an existing topic, but perhaps I should also post it here in its own new topic? I'm not sure. ... I'm doing a major renovation on my house and what I have had here is a 40 position 200 amp main panel. An electrician told me I need to have a sub panel...

Need subpanel in basement [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am getting ready to finish my basement but my main panel is in my garage so I'm thinking it would make it easier for me if I install a subpanel in my basement. The main panel is 200 amp so I'd like to install a 100 amp subpanel. Is it okay to put in a 100 amp main breaker panel and feed...

Suggestions on supplying power to mobile home? [ 2 Answers ]

I own a motorcycle and electronics repair shop (yeah, I know - what a combination, but that's a story for another time) on about an acre of land. I am having a mobile home moved in behind my shop. There is a power service pole with meter socket and breaker box already set about 20 feet away from...

Adding subpanel [ 1 Answers ]

I'm converting my garage to a woodshop, so I need 220 service for the table saw and band saw, and potentially later the dust collector and compressor. Also I want to run a new circuit for lights, plus two 110 outlet circuits. That's a possible four 220 and three new 110 circuits. I've got a...

View more questions Search