Ask
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

Jun 3, 2007, 06:30 PM
    Social Life
    What's a healthy social life?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2007, 12:41 AM
    That's a hard question to answer because it really needs to be addressed according to the social needs of the individual person. Everyone is different concerning those needs.

For me, it would mean being able to get together with my friends on a frequent basis based upon when it is mutually agreeable as far as when my closest friends and I can get together. That could be once a week or less. This is about my closest friends, though.

I usually talk with friends on the phone about every evening. We stay in touch to see what is happening and to share ideas about our lives. I consider that to be healthy.

I am devoted to my work. A good deal of the socializing that I do is intertwined with my work. It concerns the music work in the churches that I do and also my other private businesses. It is called networking. I enjoy socializing with my customers.

Some people like to go out and do things with friends every night. Others might be happy to go out now and then.

It depends on what is right for you. And, what makes you feel whole as a person. It is choice that you make, as far as how often and when to socialize with people.

Some people are not content unless they eat out every night and are at some kind of social event every night. For others, it is different

It all depends on what is right for you.

If you are withdrawn and don't like to be around people, then I would say that you don't have a very healthy social life. But, that is only my opinion based upon my experience. I think that we all need the help and support of other people to make us feel good and to help us to realize and achieve our potentials as persons. That is part of what socializing is about.

I am hopeful that others will share their viewpoints as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Life in heaven or life on earth? [ 21 Answers ]

Given a choice of living forever in perfect health on a paradise earth or living forever in heaven as a spirit, which would you choose?

Social civics [ 1 Answers ]

Name four ways in which the United States Constitution has been developesince 1789 and give an example of each

Inherently social [ 4 Answers ]

What is meant by the statement that humans are iherently social and what evidence is there to support this

Social studies [ 3 Answers ]

Woodland Indians may have used hunting grounds as boundaries between groups. What kinds of things have other people used to make boundaries? Choose a country and research this question. (teacher asked for 2 paragraphs on what we laerned I'm in the 5th grade and stuck... help :confused: )

How does one get a social life? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am in my mid 20s, in grad school, and recently have been wanting to go out (eg, to night clubs). The only problem is that I have no group of friends to go with. My boyfriend (who might not even be my boyfriend anymore) doesn't always like to go, and I'd like to not always depend on him...

View more questions Search