Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    southernsweetie6 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2005, 09:00 PM
    This is Complacated
    This is a complacated question. I am 15 about to be a junior in Highschool and I have feelings for my brothers friend, he is 14, but two years younger than me in school. He is about to be a freshman. He moved to New Jersey about a year ago and we have kept in touch thru my brother. NOW about a month ago he moved back to Georgia where I live. But while he was away in New Jersey he had a girlfriend. I know before he moved he really liked me but now I do not know. We are exactly alike! My dad is always telling me if their was anyone who acts more like me it would be him. does any one think I should pursue and see if he likes me or look for someone older and not my brothers friend?
    Dreamer Posts: 76, Reputation: 13

May 23, 2005, 01:24 AM
    Give this one some more time...
    Hey southernsweetie,

I understand that this is a very complicated situation since this is your brother's friend and he is a little bit younger than you.

First off, since he is back in GA, I would befriend him again. Spend some more time with him, get to know his changes in life, and vice versa. Pretend as though you're just meeting him for the first time all over again. Once you feel comfortable with him (and you may already from the sounds of it), talk with him about his feelings. See if he thinks of you the same way that you do him. If so, then talk about the potential of dating. Take it slow, but go from there. One day at a time hon.

Second of all, this may be hard for your brother to understand. A very long time ago when I was growing up, this same situation happened with me. My brother's friend & I actually became engaged. My brother took it very hard and eventually it got so bad between us that it broke up the relationship. So you and your brother, plus his friend, need to be on the same page about where this is headed. Just make sure that there is potential for a solid relationship before you bring him in to the middle. See what I mean? Also, be sure to be respectful of your brother and his friend's relationship. Give them some time to hang out and do what they normally do too. That way your brother doesn't get offended and begins to feel like this was your intention all along.

I hope this helps. If you need me to clarify, let me know. I'd be glad to. :) Best wishes to you & your GA sweetie!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search