Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

Jun 3, 2007, 02:51 PM
    I Want a Man!
    I want a relationship so so bad, one cause I hate being alone, and two cause I want to get over my ex once and for all. There are a couple guys that like me, but none I like back. Where am I supposed to find this person? It seems like I know everyone and there's really no one I'm interested in. I'm pretty shy so it's hard to get to know people. I'm sure I'll meet someone in college, but that's a year away! Any suggestions?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 3, 2007, 03:10 PM
    Be single and get over the ex for good. Its not fair to hook up, just to get over someone, and sometimes, we have to wait for what we want. Make yourself happy with yourself, and there will be someone to share that happiness with, in the future.
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2007, 04:00 PM
    If you think a year is too long to wait for a good relationship, you will probably spend far longer than that in bad ones. Getting into a new relationship for the purpose of getting over your ex is almost guaranteed to leave you with another ex to get over. Finish Step One (get whole and healthy within yourself to where you can be happy alone) before you go to Step Two (another relationship).
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

Jun 3, 2007, 04:16 PM
    I never meant to use someone else to make myself feel better, I'll shut up and wait. I have everything I want
    diya Posts: 303, Reputation: 62

Jun 3, 2007, 04:23 PM
    You won't get anything simply by wanting it... everything happens at the right time and happens for a reason. And for that to happen we first need to realize that the moment we stop being desperate about something, we can think rationally and then decide what we need most at that point in time. If finding a man at this point in time is your priority only to prove to yourself that you could get over your ex, then I am sure it's going to be a disaster because when we are desperate we do things in a very overboard manner... that spoils relationships... so I suggest you live for yourself for the time being, go get some manicures, pedicures and spas done and rejuvenate yourself and feel good about yourself...
    ForeverZero Posts: 312, Reputation: 82

Jun 3, 2007, 07:48 PM
    Be fair to yourself. Relationships are a lot of work and they're not something you find whenever you just snap your fingers, if they were, everyone would have one. It sounds like generic fortune cookie advice, but for the love of god, if you can't take care of yourself, how the hell do you plan on taking care of somebody else? I, personally am enjoying my single time, I was a whiny crybaby after I broke up with my ex, then I embraced it, I'm actually blowing off dates with girls so I can catch up on scrubs. Great show, you guys should watch it.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2007, 09:47 PM
    It is a big mistake to use a relationship to get over an ex. It is unfair on all parties involved. And eventually it will only make things worse.

Be comfortable on your own and enjoy single life and soon enough the right guy will come along. You won't find him whilst your desperate!
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2007, 09:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerchick_682
    I never meant to use someone else to make myself feel better, I'll shut up and wait. I have everything I want
    Good idea. Just don't sit around waiting though. Get out and live and enjoy life!
    lmnotok Posts: 217, Reputation: 37

Jun 3, 2007, 11:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerchick_682
    Where am I supposed to find this person? It seems like I know everyone and there's really no one I'm interested in. I'm pretty shy so it's hard to get to know people.
    I have the same feeling like you right now. I feel kind of boring.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2007, 01:06 AM
    Great suggestions above! There is so much more to life than having an intimate relationship with someone. Unless having an intimate relationship is your only goal.

Having an intimate relationship with someone is just one piece of the pie of life.
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2007, 01:39 AM
    I don't like being single and I can honestly say I was never happier in my previous relationship however you must learn to live alone and be happy as said above. Until you can do this then you shouldn't be in a relationship. + Be over your ex, it can take some people weeks or years were all individuals it takes time.
    Lenovo Posts: 180, Reputation: 14

Jun 4, 2007, 07:36 PM
    eHarmony #1 Trusted Relationship Site Move Beyond "Traditional" Online Dating
    Cupid.com. Find LOCAL singles online and at our speed dating events across the U.S. and Canada.

Those are only a couple dating sites to find people in your area. Or, dare I say it, have you tried a one-night-stand?

What state you in? LOL just joking, cheer up, laughter is the best medicine.
    LivingtheLifeinFLA Posts: 137, Reputation: 29

Jun 4, 2007, 08:01 PM
    Rockerchick:

Trust me, college will be the best time of your life. 1 year is nothing. You will have your choice of men and the selection will be much greater. The ex will be a memory.

If I could be 20 again and do it all again I would in a heartbeat. The key is to do it right. If you know what school you are going to, start hanging with your local friends that will be going there also. Then you will have a headstart when you go off to school with your own pack and it will make the initial months easy. Then, as you meet others at parties. Class, etc expand your network.

Me, I worked at the pub at night. Had cash always and started my first classes around 10. Party, party. Trust me.
    leilaa111 Posts: 65, Reputation: 5

Jun 5, 2007, 02:34 AM
    Your still young you have your future ahead of you stay single and meet someone the way you want 2 not 2 get over your ex I don't think its fair for him or for yourself it will only cause harm I no people that have done the same they end up being hurt so take your time
    Geoffersonairplane Posts: 1,195, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2007, 09:29 AM
    You are very young and have much soul searching to do. You must find yourself and find happiness without the need for a relationship. There is plenty of time for serious relationships and while relationships can be very satisfying, there should not be a need to be in one to be happy.
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2007, 08:52 AM
    Before you enter another relationship you need to be happy with yourself, your life, and who you are. Take this time to make you happy, find things that you like to do and DO THEM! Once you are happy it is much easier to find and maintain a healthy happy relationship with another person.
    rondom1 Posts: 40, Reputation: 2

Jun 25, 2007, 05:29 PM
    Chances are if you want a man that bad you will get one, but he will most likely not be a good one because of your haste therefore wait till a good one comes along

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Man In Love w/ Another Man [ 11 Answers ]

:confused: Hey Im 33 yrs old I became fast friends w/ someone I have known for many years just did not know him personally. Hes 27yrs old very intelligent ,funny, tough, masculine and very very easy on the eyes but he also has severe mood swings(gemini) along w/ a severe drinking habit. As time...

Maybe a man would know [ 6 Answers ]

The more I read up on it, the more I suspect that my boyfriend is asexual - has no desire for sex. He said that he has never desired sex, and that it's not important to him. On the other hand, he says that he wants to wait until he is married to have sex. I have no objections to waiting for...

This man has got to go now [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been living together for just about 3 1/2 years in my home not his. I live in Michigan ( Lansing ) He had not paid anything towards a bill for the first 2 1/2 years. He now pays weekly. Other than it is a bit more complex than that. Because I want him out is due to his...

How did the old man do it? [ 1 Answers ]

There was a 80 year old man. That got a credit card with no interest For the first 12 months. He wrote himself a check and deposit the money In very high yield investments. At the end of the year he paid back the Credit card and made a few hundred dollars. First he had to make the miniumum...

She has a man but does she like me [ 4 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I'm 18 and there is this girl I met about two weeks ago. She and her boyfriend had broken up and we hung out. I called her the other night and she said she wanted to hang out but her friend was real mad and she decided to chill with her she called me and said she was really sorry and...

View more questions Search