Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    parceria Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2003, 02:33 PM
    Broadband
    My PC is a clon assembled in the USA with the name Powerspec. I use windows 98SE. Up to last week my connection to Internet was through phone line. But I decided to try broadband. The provider hooked a cable modem to the existing cable TV line. However, an integrated ethernet adapter (Davicom DM9102) that my PC was supposed to have didn't work (not configured, someone said; how can this be done? I ask). Next step: use a USB port; to no avail. My PC wouldn't recognize the Samsung Inforanger SCM-120U cable modem. What's wrong? What should I do? Any suggestion would be grately appreciated.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 2, 2003, 05:45 AM
    broadband
    Check the WEB for Davicom and see if you can download and install drivers for the network adapter. Or replace it with a new one. They cost less then $20.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Broadband connection [ 3 Answers ]

I have Windows XP professional, previously when I switched I was connected to my server automatically nowadays however I have to connected manually, I have not changed my server or any details of my sever connection. I would like to return to the automatic connection and any help I can get to...

Faxing over Broadband [ 3 Answers ]

G'Day there, Just wondering if anyone knows if I can setup faxing over my broadband. I am starting to think that I have to use a modem for faxing rather than just the broadband itself, but would love to know if this is the case. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers, Flano..

Broadband ntl [ 1 Answers ]

Hi can any one help,I have just switch over to ntl freedom broadband and it just keeps cutting off after a few seconds some time,s.The adsl light starts to flash,and I have to redial again. :confused:

Broadband technology [ 1 Answers ]

What is broadband?

Cheapest broadband in AUstralia? [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know what the cheapest broadband Internet plan is available in Australia? Thanks

View more questions Search