Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    perfectlyhappy Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Jun 3, 2007, 11:25 AM
    How close should we be?
    Me and my boyfrined have been dating for over a year and 4 months, however, two months ago we got into an argument and he ended up breaking up with me. It was hard on me and even though I probably shouldn't have I called him everyday and we even would go out to lunch together. About a month later he decides he wants to try it again so I accepted. Most of me feels like the only reason he wants to be with me is because I act so desperate and needy. He assures me that he cares about me but I just can't be sure. We fight most of the time because I get upset about him never wanting to spend time with me. He's always hanging out with his friends even when he knows that I need to see him if its only for a few minutes. It just seems that he never makes an effort. When we do see each other its always last minute and lately he seems to always have other plans. I just care about him so much I just keep thinking that should want to spend time with me and make an effort. Maybe we should just be friends even though that's not what I want but I want to do what's best for both of us. I admit I do fuss quite abit at him when he cancels plans or has a non-ending set of plans with his friends. I want him to spend time with his friends I'm just hurt that he never even wants to include me. I just feel that for a relationship that has lasted this long we should be closer than what I feel like we are
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2007, 02:51 PM
    Well you gave your own answer in your post. You act needy and clingy. He doesn't want to be around that and he wants the old you that was not like that. He doesn't want to be bothered when he's with his friends. If you continue to act like this he's only going to get farther away until he's gone.

The good news is he must really like you if he came back and is putting up with this. But if you continue it, he's leaving for good eventually. From his end, he's waiting for the "old you" to return where you weren't a downer on his life but an upper. Not until you get back to that point will he start wanting to spend more time with you.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 3, 2007, 03:20 PM
    Slow down, and think about all this drama your causing, just to have your own way. I hope you work on your insecurity as you come off as too needy, to say the least. I suggest you get a life without your b/f and do things you enjoy without him. You need friends and activities that make you happy. Your b/f will love you for it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

So Close and Yet So Far! [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, this is a first for me. So, bare with me please. I'm 25 and I have yet to have an orgasm. I know that I'm so close though. That is the worst part. I've tried everything and I do what gets me to the point that I'm about to come and then... I stop. The sensation is so overwhelming that I...

So far yet so close [ 6 Answers ]

My boy friend and I have been going out for about 2 years now... I met him online playing a game of pool. He lives in australia and I live in canada. He flew over to meet me face to face and we've been going steady since then... he just recently proposed to me. But when we spend like a week...

Gas line & dryer vent pipe - how close is too close? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm rerouting the gas dryer vent piping so that it will inside the adjoining stud wall. At the top of the wall the vertical exhaust pipe will be within an inch or two of the horizontal running copper gas supply line. Question - is there a minimum distance that the metal dryer exhaust pipe must...

Will they ever close up? [ 4 Answers ]

Currently, I have 7 piercings in my ears. I have my first ones done when I was 8 and they were crooked (they never closed up from me poking earrings through them), so I had them re-pierced at 10 and they are also crooked. My second ones were pierced at 12 and one of those is crooked, and my third...

Am I close? [ 1 Answers ]

Trying to understand this question and a few others, this is my attempt, am I close or way off base? Thanks for your help in advance! Question 3 Prepare year end adjusting entries for each of the following: 1. Office supplies had a balance of $84 on Jan 1, purchases debited to office supplies...

View more questions Search