Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ninak Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2007, 10:46 AM
    No cold water supply in the bath
    Hi,
    The shower tap supplies only hot water. There is no cold water at all. I have checked all other taps in the basement and it seems to be working fine, even in the basin next to the shower.

Thanks, Nina
    kevinf80 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2007, 01:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ninak
    Hi,
    The shower tap supplies only hot water. there is no cold water at all. I have checked all other taps in the basement and it seems to be working fine, even in the basin next to the shower.

Thanks, Nina
    Hi there,

Probably a blocked filter in the valve assembly.

Kevin
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 3, 2007, 08:30 PM
    Shut off your main supply and open both faucets. Remove the valve stem from the hot side and inspect for debris. Briefly open and close the main while you hold a rag over the hot stem opening, this will flush the line.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rust stain on cold water supply pipe [ 8 Answers ]

I am near the end of a kitchen renovation. Yesterday I was looking at some pictures taken at an earlier stage when I noticed a rust stain on the cold water pipe that supplies my kitchen sink (photo attached). I have since covered this pipe with drywall, but I'm wondering if it's worth cutting a...

No water to both sinks / very low cold water pressure to bath and washer [ 1 Answers ]

My kitchen and bathroom sink have no water, period. Hot water seems to be pretty good to the bath and washer but cold water to those 2 locations are very weak. The outside faucet is very weak at best. I have had this problem for quite some time so it's not the fact that they are frozen. I just...

No cold water supply to faucet [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Folks I have an upstairs half bath with washbasin in. The other day, the cold water stopped supply working. I've tasted taken the feed pipe from the cut-off valve and tested to see if the water is being fed to the valve by turning it off and on, I don't get any water through the valve. Anyone...

Water supply for new bath [ 10 Answers ]

Tom, I'm beginning to work on my water supply lines and have gotten most of the materials. I wanted to know if I should be concerned with backflow devices of any sort? Also, the plummer at H.D. told me that the male adapters that would connect my copper pipe to my shower faucet would not...

No Cold Water coming Form Bath [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I recently drained my water tank to change some kitchen taps. When I reopened all the stop valves I found I have hot water running fine but cold only from kitchen and sink in bathroom and non from bath. A friend thinks I my have an air lock somewhere is this the case or something else thanks for...

View more questions Search