Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    psmmoore5965 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2007, 10:08 AM
    Dryer won't tumble with heavy loads
    Hello,

My Frigidaire Heavy Duty dryer is about 5 years old. Recently I noticed that it was not tumbling the clothes when I had a heavy load and it becomes very hot to the touch on the top and back of the dryer. It sounds like it is tumbling (the motor is working) but when I open the door I find that the clothes are not tumbling. I also checked this by holding the button down inside the door and turning on the dryer. If I give the drum and spin with my hands from inside the door it sometimes will start it to tumble. It will also tumble and dry when I put just a few items in at a time. I have followed the instructions from Applguy (thank you Applguy) on this forum and have removed the top of the dryer and inspected the belt which seems to be in good shape. There doesn't seem to be any obsticles in the way of the drum and it is not making any unusual squeaking or loud noises. I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Thank you
    kevinf80 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2007, 01:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by psmmoore5965
    Hello,

My Frigidaire Heavy Duty dryer is about 5 years old. Recently I noticed that it was not tumbling the clothes when I had a heavy load and it becomes very hot to the touch on the top and back of the dryer. It sounds like it is tumbling (the motor is working) but when I open the door I find that the clothes are not tumbling. I also checked this by holding the button down inside the door and turning on the dryer. If I give the drum and spin with my hands from inside the door it sometimes will start it to tumble. it will also tumble and dry when I put just a few items in at a time. I have followed the instructions from Applguy (thank you Applguy) on this forum and have removed the top of the dryer and inspected the belt which seems to be in good shape. There doesn't seem to be any obsticles in the way of the drum and it is not making any unusual squeaking or loud noises. I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Thank you
    Hi there,

Is the tension on the belt OK? Sounds to me like it could be slipping, especially as it only happens with a heavy load.

Kevin.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2007, 01:59 PM
    I have the same problem with my but if I spin it and shut the door real fase mine work's. Hubby will fix it when it completely breaks:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tumble dryer wiring [ 12 Answers ]

I have a White Knight Tumble dryer, and I'm sure the wiring is fairly standard. I am confused as I have just changed the heating element (which I have successfully done before), however, this time it does not work. I thought I had transferred the leads correctly, as I had done them one by one. ...

Kenmore Elite Washer does not spin heavy loads [ 3 Answers ]

We have a Kenmore Elite 23022101 washer. It spins and drains fine with light loads. With heavier loads like bath towels, it does not spin at all. When we remove the towels and break it up into 1/3 loads, it works fine. The washer is about 4 years old and up to now was able to wash these heavy loads.

Tumble Dryer meters. [ 1 Answers ]

Do you know if it is possible to get hold of such a thing as a tumble dryer meter? If so do you know where I could get one from?

Creda tumble dryer [ 1 Answers ]

My tumble dryer is not working properly. It dried a load this morning but was quite squeaky and sounded like something was rubbing. It then stopped and a smell came from the machine. Any help to fix it would be appreciated

View more questions Search