Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    poolgirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2007, 04:51 AM
    Level above ground pool
    I have reviewed some answers re: leveling above ground Pools. I have used "all purpose sand" vs. "play/beach sand" Will this sand be OK before I actually lay down the ground liner?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 3, 2007, 10:43 AM
    This sand is fine for under the liner and should be at least 4 inches deep. Level it with a 2x4 half the diameter of the pool. Sweep in a circle. Do not use sand under your perimeter ring. That must be on block or solid soil.
    ironhorse pool Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2009, 09:27 PM
    :D
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1 View Post
    This sand is fine for under the liner and should be at least 4 inches deep. Level it with a 2x4 half the diameter of the pool. Sweep in a circle. Do not use sand under your perimeter ring. That must be on block or solid soil.
    How about foam insulation cut to retro fit underneath and around
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 27, 2009, 07:07 AM

You know this thread is 2 years old, right? No on the foam.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Under above ground pool goes. [ 3 Answers ]

Last year I put up a 15' above-ground pool. I do not have any great level spot in the yard but found an area that worked okay. Unfortunately, it's at the bottom of a slope... so it stays wet easily. This year, I'm wondering what to put under it besides the tarp-thing that came with it. If I made a...

Above ground pool [ 5 Answers ]

I was wondering, can I keep an above ground pool up all winter with no water in it or will it collapse even though it has the braces all around it? Thank you.

In ground pool [ 1 Answers ]

I have opened(removed cover) my inground pool for the summer and discovered that there are 4 creases in the bottom. Can you assist in an explanation on why this would happen. They are about 3-4 ft long and 1/8" wide in different areas.

Above ground pool [ 1 Answers ]

My above ground pool was dark green, after shocking it it turned into a hazy blue. I started to vacuum and the water coming back into the pool was dirty. Where should I have the pump on as I am vacuuming? I have a doughboy filter and pump.

How can I level my above ground pool? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I bought a pool last year, I think its about 14', its not one of those super nice ones with the deck attached or anything, just one of those 400 dollar ones from wal*mart... but I could never get it to stay up.. I think it was just not level enough last year, it would stay up fine for a couple...

View more questions Search