Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jessyfay Posts: 164, Reputation: 4

Jun 3, 2007, 01:17 AM
    Dog/Boyfriend, can you decide for me?
    It has come down to this.

I don't want to get rid of my dog, but my boyfriend hate him and told me the dog leaves or he leaves. Hmmm what would you do?

PS. I'm not going to get rid of my dog... could you?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2007, 01:19 AM
    I would say that if you always had your dog the jack a-- has no right to tell you anything.

Does not sound like he has a loving personality. If he can not love an animal, How the hell is he going to be able to show love to you or others.

JOE
    DocWill Posts: 239, Reputation: 40

Jun 3, 2007, 01:40 AM
    I have never had a boyfriend, so its hard to say in your case. But I had that same thing said to me from my wife. So being the big tuff guy that I am I cryed and called my mum. I had to tell her how successful my relationship is. She said listin up you sissy, remember the time we drove back from Brissy and stopped for fuel. You saw a dead magpie and brought um back to the car and said mum pop the boot I need me book bag. The boot opens, I get out my glue to put the dead magpies leg and wing back on. ( I was 6years old) She said being that type of person is bloody mad and waist of glue, but boy there is something about you and animals. I knew way back then you would always care for them and too bad you married a woman and not a Bit***. You were always better with dogs. So I have been single ever since. I am a good Vet, just ask me. I am no person to help you with relationships. So get rid of him the dog probably kisses better anyway. When he leaves make sure to remind him you are a one dog home anyway. Lol
    TRUE STORY
    bassy_1992 Posts: 2, Reputation: 5

Jun 3, 2007, 03:21 AM
    Get rid of the man
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2007, 04:28 AM
    The dog loves you more and is a better conversationalist. It's a no-brainer.
    Ladyviper Posts: 221, Reputation: 36

Jun 3, 2007, 05:05 AM
    I agree with everyone here, and of course want to add my 2 cents. I think your boyfriend is jealous 'cause the dog can lick his own butt.

Oh, and someone that truly cares about you would never ask you to rid yourself of the things that make you happy.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2007, 05:12 AM
    No, Jessy I couldn't get rid of my dog. The guy would get kicked to the curb the moment he started complaining about my dog. If he can't accept all the aspects of my lifestyle, he ain't worth my time. Men may come and go, but a dog will always love you for you and doesn't try to pick an argument over stupid crap or play head games with you. A dog is happy with whatever food you serve, and doesn't have to be asked to cuddle with you. Without a dog, who do you blame the silent but deadly smelling farts on when you have company over for dinner?

I don't know how long you have been seeing this man, but, if you had the dog prior to the relationship with the guy, for him to ask you to get rid of the dog is very controlling behavior. What else will he expect from you down the road?
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2007, 05:23 AM
    Answer these questions.

1) who will be excited to see you every time you come home?
    2) who is always in the mood for a nice walk in the park?
    3) who always does what you want and never talks back?
    4) who will always cuddle with you even when you are the ?
    5) who will love you when you look like crap?
    6) who will love you till the day he dies?

I know who would so that is whom I would choose?

If you can find a man to do that , you better marry quick or I'll take hin!!
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2007, 06:03 AM
    Keep the dog, send the boyfriend to the curb. A good dog is very hard to find.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2007, 06:13 AM
    Nobody has discussed making and keeping commitments. Getting a dog is a 10-20 year commitment. Getting a boyfriend can be a far longer commitment. There is untold misery in this world due to people that don't keep their commitments. If he doesn't see your commitment to the dog, what sort of commitment will he have for you?

It may be too soon for you to be looking at 50-70 year commitments to a boy friend. I know they are much less common these days, but I think life was much better when it was the norm. Keep the dog until it dies. Look for a boy friend that you can do the same with.

Dr. Kevorkian is out. Maybe we can show the same mercy to people again, that we do to dogs.

Note, watch yourself, Ordinary guy, I got a reddie here for suggesting spaying a dog was a no brainer.
    jtom4 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jun 3, 2007, 07:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessyfay
    It has come down to this.

I don't want to get rid of my dog, but my boyfriend hate him and told me the dog leaves or he leaves. Hmmm what would you do?

PS. I'm not going to get rid of my dog.....could you?
    I too vote for the dog. Plenty of dog loving "fish" in the sea. There is one out there for you. Keep looking.
    honey2700 Posts: 27, Reputation: -1

Jun 3, 2007, 09:50 AM
    Don't let him tell you what to do. Tell him he better get moving because the dog stays and there's no room for 2 dogs in your house. If you do this he will run your life for the rest of the time your with him
    Chicklet Posts: 35, Reputation: 10

Jun 3, 2007, 10:47 AM
    My sister had a Chihuahua, When she got married, It use to sleep with her and everything.
    He told her flat out, to get rid of the damn Dog or he would leave, Well she cried and Cried,
    (If someone truly loves you, for you, then he should love everything about you (past & present) after all, it is the accumulation of all these things that has made you the person you are, The Dog was a part of you when he married you.
    However I will warn you of trying to keep a Loved Dog and a Dog hater together.
    It didn't turn out well with my sister.
    He husband threw this tiny chihuahua out in the barn to fend for itself. A few days after being moved to the Barn the Dog was found by my sister Deathly ill,
    He husband refused her access to the vehicles to take it to the vets,
    She called my mum, Who came got her & the Dog. (Much to her husbands disapproval)
    The vet upon seeing the Dog, Stated flat out, that hands had to do to this dog, what had been done, A hugh spike was driven through the roof of it's throat up through the head. (he "her husband" figured she'd never see what he did and just find the dog dead. Anyway, to put a long story short, his undying love for my sister ended in yrs of terror and torment, Having been shot at in the mix as well.

DON'T marry anyone who doesn't respect your desires, joys, wants and needs,
    He's selfish, controlling and not worth the time of day. (he ain't worth the risk).
    Your dog will always love you no matter what,
    There is many Dog/animal lovers out there, Find one worthy and put this trush where he belongs, The GARBAGE!
    Lenovo Posts: 180, Reputation: 14

Jun 3, 2007, 10:49 AM
    Dump the guy, a dog will eat anything you cook, even if overcooked or under cooked
    Lenovo Posts: 180, Reputation: 14

Jun 3, 2007, 10:49 AM
    And a dog won't leave the toilet seat up
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2007, 11:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladyviper
    I think your boyfriend is jealous 'cause the dog can lick his own butt.
    ROFLMAO!!
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2007, 11:23 AM
    Yes, but if you leave the lid up, the dog will drink out of it. I am having trouble training my wife to put the lid down.
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

Jun 3, 2007, 11:24 AM
    Honey, get rid of that man!

Keep the dog.
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2007, 01:31 PM
    Anybody remember another thread where so many people all agreed on the same thing?
    mrsjohnson Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2007, 06:38 PM
    Keep the dog lose the guy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can't Decide. [ 7 Answers ]

Ever since I was a child I've wanted to be a veterinarian. I currently work in a vet clinic as a Veterinarian Technician. I love my job I love what I do. For the past few years I've also thought about being a forensic scientist or a Crime scene investigator. I don't really know if I want to be a...

My boyfriend wants to take a week to decide if he wants to be in the relationship [ 10 Answers ]

My boyfriend of a little over 2 years has decided he wants at least a week without talking to me to decide if he wants to be in the relationship or not. We had a big fight and he told me this. I have called and talked to him a few times about pertinent stuff in our lives but then I start in about...

How old does the child have to be to decide? [ 4 Answers ]

If a grandparent has been granted visitation rights for an 8 year old child by the court in Wisconsin? Does the child have the option not go with the grandparent during the designated visitation date and time.

Can't decide! [ 7 Answers ]

I am really really stuck!I'm trying to decide if I should try out for my middle school cheerleading squad,this is the last year that I can.I really like cheerleading, but I'm up against 6 other girls!! 3 are loved by all ,and good,and then one I know will make it because she is really good!! The...

I need help to decide [ 9 Answers ]

My boyfriend just moved away from Pennsylvania to Nebraska but I am stuck here. I don't know if we should stay together and have a long distance relationship or break-up. What should I do? Signed :confused:

View more questions Search