Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    glitter Posts: 84, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2005, 04:56 PM
    I need to upgrade my PC? Do anyone know where I can do it
    What do upgrade means?. what do it do?. all I know is that it make the computer faster! Please let me know where I can do it or what company. I live in NY and I have a compaq laptop and a dell desktop

Thanks
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

May 22, 2005, 04:28 AM
    Upgrade
    In simple terms,an upgrade makes sure that your PC is up to date.As operating systems and programs become more complicated,the buying public constantly spend more money on having the latest "must have".Where once a Pentium 1 processor was considered state of the art,and an 1 gigabyte hard drive was the bees knees,today your talking Pentium 4 and 200 gigabyte drives,coupled with 256mb graphic cards,and 7.1 sound cards.
    Updating your PC is a must,which can be done automatically via your web browser,which will take you to your chosen OS's main site.This makes sure you have the latest security updates.Of course you have to choose your anti-virus,Firewall,Spyware,Melware,and Adware programs carefully,to make sure they are compatible with your system.If your laptop and desktop are using Windows,Mac,Linux,or whatever,you have to make sure that any hardware you fit in the future is suitable.Always refer to your printed manual,or if that is lost,visit each component manufacturers website.If your still confused,get a family member,or friend to help you.Above all,don't panic.Just take your time,save up your cash,and spend wisely.

All the best,
    Nez.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 22, 2005, 05:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by glitter
    what do upgrade means?...what do it do?....all i know is that it make the computer faster! please let me know where i can do it or what company. i live in NY and i have a compaq laptop and a dell desktop
    thanks
    This is one of those cases where the english meaning of a word defines the term. To upgrade simple means to improve. You can find this in any dictionary.

There are many things one can do to improve a computer. Some of those things may help make the computer faster, others not. For example, adding more hard drive space is less likely to speed processing. Adding more memory is more likely to.

There are both hardware and software upgrades. Hardware upgrading involves replacing parts or adding to your system. Software upgrading involves purchasing new versions or downloading patches.

Your question is really too broad for us to answer. Without knowing more info about your PCs, why you think you need more speed, what you use the PCs for etc. there is no way for us to advise you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Has anyone used trilastin? [ 39 Answers ]

Trilastin is a cream for stretch marks. Have you or some one used it for stretch? Please let me know

Anyone... [ 11 Answers ]

Does anyone need a friend, I'm a 15 year old girl and I want to get to know some of you! Sara

Please I need help?. any1 know of a good vitamins?. [ 1 Answers ]

Has anyone use Andrew Lessman Healthy Hair, Skin and Nails?. If so can you please let me know what it does and does it work?. Or do you know of any good vitamins and or supplements that is good for the hair,nail and or skin?. my hair has been dropping very badly and my hair is becoming thiner?....

Please have anyone use speeswhit pill?. [ 1 Answers ]

Have andy 1 use speed white pill from asianwhiteskin.com Or know someone who has used it?. Please let me know

View more questions Search