Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    S1r1 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Jun 2, 2007, 05:41 PM
    Missing periods but negative. Pregnancy tests!
    Hello, I am 23 and my husband and I are trying to conceive. I stopped taking my birth control pills the first of January. I had my January period, then skipped February and March. I took many home pregnancy tests and one blood test, all were negative and my doctor explained that it was normal to miss periods after coming off the pill. I had my April period right on time, then no May period. I took another home test (Equate +/- with blue dye) the day after my missed period and saw a very faint + sign. The second line was very light and not really blue, so I wasn't sure if it was positive or an evaporation line. I am now over a week late and 2 tests (taken in the morning) all came out negative. What is going on? I am assuming I skipped another period, but is this normal after 5 months off the pill? Is it possible to be pregnant? This just is very frustrating to miss periods when trying, but not be pregnant. Any advice or information on any of this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    victoria_mitchell Posts: 242, Reputation: 32

Jun 2, 2007, 05:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by S1r1
    Hello, I am 23 and my husband and I are ttc. I stopped taking my birth control pills the first of January. I had my January period, then skipped February and March. I took many home pregnancy tests and one blood test, all were negative and my doctor explained that it was normal to miss periods after coming off the pill. I had my April period right on time, then no May period. I took another home test (Equate +/- with blue dye) the day after my missed period and saw a very faint + sign. The second line was very light and not really blue, so I wasn't sure if it was positive or an evaporation line. I am now over a week late and 2 tests (taken in the morning) all came out negative. What is going on? I am assuming I skipped another period, but is this normal after 5 months off the pill? Is it possible to be pregnant? This just is very frustrating to miss periods when trying, but not be pregnant. Any advice or information on any of this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    LOL don't panic. First of all yes you can have those crazy on and off periods due to the birthcontrol pill, but lucky for you you might also be pregnant. Yay! There is a type of pregnancy where you have some periods and miss others and you can take all the tests you want they will come out negative you need to get an ultra sound because your baby may have developed in an odd position or place rather than the usual. Get blood work done if you already haven't. But I would make a doctors appt. because if that is the case it can be harmful to you and or the baby

From the experts:::::

Bleeding during early pregnancy may signify the embryo has implanted, a tubal pregnancy, or bleeding from the placenta. Bleeding that recurs throughout pregnancy may be the result of an abnormally implanted placenta (previa) or partial separation of the placenta.

Q: What does it mean if my period is late or irregular?

A:Your period may be irregular through the first year or two. But after that, when you've begun to menstruate regularly, missing a period may be a sign of pregnancy (if you've been sexually active). Other causes of irregularity may be stress, a change in your diet or an increase in exercise, or drug use. If none of these apply to you, or if you're still concerned, check with your physician.
    sexyt34 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2007, 06:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by S1r1
    Hello, I am 23 and my husband and I are ttc. I stopped taking my birth control pills the first of January. I had my January period, then skipped February and March. I took many home pregnancy tests and one blood test, all were negative and my doctor explained that it was normal to miss periods after coming off the pill. I had my April period right on time, then no May period. I took another home test (Equate +/- with blue dye) the day after my missed period and saw a very faint + sign. The second line was very light and not really blue, so I wasn't sure if it was positive or an evaporation line. I am now over a week late and 2 tests (taken in the morning) all came out negative. What is going on? I am assuming I skipped another period, but is this normal after 5 months off the pill? Is it possible to be pregnant? This just is very frustrating to miss periods when trying, but not be pregnant. Any advice or information on any of this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    I had the same problem as well. Finally I just give up and two weeks after that I did not feel good and I decide to take a test and it was positive. The best thing I can tell you is to wait and if you still don't have your period then go back to the doctor to do a blood test.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Irregular periods and pregnancy tests [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, my husband and I tried to get pregnant for four years and then we finally did and we had a son... now we have been trying for 10 months again and nothing has happened yet... I have irregular periods which I may get every 3 to 4 months and they last about 14 to 17 days... but on Dec.27, I had a...

Missed Periods, negative pregnancy tests [ 1 Answers ]

I have not had a period in 2 months and the last one was very light and lasted only 3 days. I have taken 4 pregnancy tests and they are all negative. I am NOT trying to conceive and I am relieved about the test results but also worried about my missed period. What would cause that? I have also been...

No periods. Neg tests. [ 12 Answers ]

I have not had a period since 12/02/06. I have always had normal 28-30 day cycles since I was 12. I am now 18. The pregnancy tests are coming back negative. I went to the doctor ( 2 different ones) and they say that my hormones and my thyroid and all that are okay. I don't have std's or any cysts...

Neg blood tests [ 10 Answers ]

I just thought I would share this information that was shared with me... lol... it's funny how we think that blood tests are the end all for knowing if your pregnant or not. This is another site that has a message board and it is to this board that the like goes too... I hope everyone finds it as...

View more questions Search